Research on the Development of Lithuanian Political Elites
The main aim is the research on the development of Lithuanian political elites in the chronological perspective of the 15th–21st century.
The cluster research team pursues the following objectives:
- To carry out the biographical research of Lithuanian parliamentarians and the central elite of the executive branch (top state officials) (15th– early 21st century).
- To investigate the Lithuanian diplomatic and consular corps (15th–early 21st century) by establishing its role in domestic policy;
- To reveal the role of Lithuanian political parties (20th century) in the country’s political life and their transformations under different political circumstances.
- To research the history of the local political elite in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the forms of expression of local politics.
- Leader of the group Assoc. Prof. Robertas Jurgaitis (VMU Education Academy)
- Prof. Sandra Grigaravičiūtė (VMU Education Academy)
- Prof. Juozas Skirius (VMU Education Academy)
- Prof. Deimantas Karvelis (VMU Education Academy)
- Assoc. Prof. Domininkas Burba (VMU Education Academy)
- Dr. Mindaugas Nefas (VMU Education Academy)