Life Long Learning
The purpose of the procedure for assessment and recognition of competences acquired through non-formal and informal education is to enable individuals (candidates) to apply to Lithuanian higher education institutions for the assessment and recognition of non-formal learning competences to be able to gain higher education or to settle specific study subjects and obtain an academic certificate without studying what was already learned in a non-academic setting.
Who can apply for assessment and recognition?
Persons who have not lower than secondary education can apply for assessment and recognition of their competences acquired in non-formal and informal education.
After the Candidate has proven the adequacy of the acquired knowledge, abilities and skills acquired in non-formal and informal education to the ones described in the study subject (-s) learning outcomes, they shall be evaluated by a mark, credits of the respective study subject (-s) shall be allocated and academic certificate issued.
A person can apply for assessment of competences acquired through:
- job activity;
- unpaid or voluntary work;
- traineeship, courses, seminars, projects, and etc.;
- independent learning;
- leisure time activities.
Stages and process of assessment and recognition of competences acquired through non-formal and informal education:
- Candidate who applies for the assessment and recognition of competences acquired through non-formal and informal education shall fill in an online registration form;
- Consultant, having evaluated the registration data presented by the candidate, shall get in touch with the candidate in 3–5 working days and agrees on the meeting time to discuss further procedures;
- Consultant shall acquaint the candidate with the principles, conditions and procedure of the assessment, possible assessment outcomes and provide information on any competence assessment and recognition procedure related issues of interest to the candidate;
- Candidate who applies for the assessment and recognition of competences acquired through non-formal and informal education shall fill in the application addressed to University rector requesting to evaluate his/her competences;
- Having received the application, the Consultant shall check the presented documents, evaluate the compliance of the application to the admission criteria and the candidate’s preparation for the assessment of competences acquired through non-formal and informal education; then, in coordination with the study programme/ subject experts (teachers) and/or consultants, shall identify the compliance of the competences listed in the application with the competences of the study programme provided by the University and provide all the necessary information to the candidate.
- An Agreement on the Assessment and Recognition of Competences Acquired through Nonformal and Informal Education shall be signed between the Candidate and the University (Annex 6), which stipulates financial, subject matter and other commitments of the parties.
The cost for the procedure of assessment and recognition of competences acquired through non-formal and informal education consists of the fee for the analysis of the documents, consultation, performance of assessment procedure and preparation of the documents and it depends on the scope of the correspondence of the assessed competences and learning outcomes, paying the fee for one study credit expressed by 0.6 BSI.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org