Ancient and Medieval Studies
On the basis of close reading of the key texts of Antiquity and the Middle Ages, the research cluster seeks to investigate and describe the intrinsic ways of thought (philosophy, theology, political thought, philosophy of history) and conduct (warfare, law, administration, religion, diplomacy) characteristic of the ancient and medieval societies, also, to explore the intersections and the resulting mutual influences of different cultural traditions (Hellenistic, Roman, Hebrew, Christian, Germanic, Baltic, Slavic, Scandinavian, etc.).
- Leader of the group prof. Tatjana Aleknienė (VMU Education academy)
- Assoc. Prof. Arturas Mickevičius (VMU Education academy)
- Assoc. Prof. Darius Alekna (VMU Education academy)
- Assoc. Prof. Lina Šulcienė (VMU Faculty of Catholic Theology)
- Dr. Tomas Baranauskas (VMU Education academy)
- Dr. Laisvūnas Šopauskas (VMU Education academy)