Connections between Texts of Literature and Culture Processes
For the best results, the group of scholars has these aims: to analyze processes of world literatures from a comparative point of view, focusing also on cultural processes; to explore the role of Lithuanian literature in nowadays culture of Lithuania and Europe; to actualize the significance of literature (writing and reading), trying to preserve the national identity in the age of globalization; to create the integrated and permanent network of institutions, which are interested in Lithuanian literature and national identity.
Analyzing literature texts and cultural processes, members of cluster use the results of sociological research; trying to find a practical literary use, members actualize global problems; focusing on the competence, profession, age of readers, members of cluster develop various strategies of propagating the results of literature research. The scholars spread the results of research in non-academic society, trying to increase reading and writing competence of this society.
The main expected result is a cooperation of various humanities scholars. This cooperation will help to satisfy the social need of familiarizing with the texts of global literature in the context of national literature.
- Leader of the group assoc. prof. Dalia Kuizinienė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Assoc. Prof. Indrė Žakevičienė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Assoc. Prof. Rūta Eidukevičienė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Dr. Asta Gustaitienė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Prof. Irena Buckley (VVMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Prof. Asija Kovtun (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Assoc. Prof. Aurelija Mykolaitytė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Assoc. Prof. Vijolė Višomirskytė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Dr. Diana Jovaišienė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Diana Česnauskaitė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Dr. Justina Petrulionytė-Sabonienė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Dr. Gintarė Vaitonytė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)