Inter-disciplinary Area Studies
The purpose of the cluster research is to carry out investigation into the processes within and between the different world regions in the political, economic, social, cultural, historical, intercultural, anthropology and other aspects.
The branches of the cluster research include theories of area studies and their research methodology, comparative area studies, history of Asian studies. Special branches of the cluster include East Asian (Japan, China, Korea) Studies, Southeast Asian Studies, South Asian Studies, Central Asian Studies, African Studies, Latin American Studies, the study of Oceania, Middle Eastern Studies. Interdisciplinary branches – non-European philosophy, non-European political systems, non-European legal systems, regional identity, modernization theory, globalization studies, multicultural studies, multi-ethnicity studies, religious pluralism studies, migration studies, postcolonial societies, demographic studies.
- Leader of the group prof. Mindaugas Jurkynas (VMU Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy)
- Dr. Ieva Karpavičiūtė (VMU Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy)
- Dr. Linas Didvalis (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Kristina Barancovaitė-Skindaravičienė (VMU Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy)
- Marta Gadeikienė (VMU Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy)