Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) warmly welcomes all the students coming to study under the exchange programmes. Exchange students join the community of Vytautas Magnus University through Erasmus+ exchange programme (from both Programme and Partner countries), VMU Bilateral Agreements, and Lithuanian State Scholarships.
Watch students’ impressions from their stay at VMU
Join us on Facebook!
STEP 1 – CHOOSE VMU
STEP 2 – APPLY
Before you start to fill in the online Application form be sure to take these steps:
Step 2.1 – Confirmation E-mail
Make sure that your exchange coordinator of your university has nominated you. The nomination has to be completed on the Nomination system. Please ask your coordinator to follow instructions sent via email.
Step 2.2 – Application Documents
Make sure that you have these documents (you will need to scan them):
- Learning Agreement – the document with selected courses at Vytautas Magnus University. You may use the document form provided by your university or VMU:
- For Erasmus+ studies (for students from both Programme and Partner countries): the list of courses will be provided at the online application system. After filling in the online application form the system will automatically generate Learning agreement for Erasmus+ studies.
- For VMU Bilateral Agreement studies after filling in the online application form the system will automatically generate Learning agreement.
- For State Scholarship studies: fill it in according to the List of Courses provided at VMU in the corresponding semester, sign and also ask your university coordinator to sign it. Note: You may select the courses in different faculties at VMU but most of them have to be selected in one main faculty according to the bilateral agreement between VMU and your university. You can check the information about your faculty at VMU by contacting VMU International Cooperation Department.
- Transcript of Records – the document with the list of courses taken, the exams passed and the credits gained at your university. Get this official document (in English language and signed) from your university.
- Research plan (only for PhD students). Written in free form, document should provide all detailed information about student’s research topic, scientific interests and goals foreseen to be achieved during mobility period.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency. Get this official document (in English language and signed) stating your English language proficiency from your university or provide other tests’ results. Your university coordinators may use this document form as the proof. Note: your English language proficiency should be indicated according to the European language levels and not lower than B2 level.
- Copy of Your Passport or ID Card (validity has to exceed 6 months of exchange period).
Step 2.3 – Online Application form
Fill in the Application form and upload all required documents:
- Incoming-Application for Erasmus Study Exchange for students from Programme and Partner countries. Please download Erasmus+ studies online application instructions “STEP BY STEP“.
- Incoming-Application for Bilateral Study Exchange. Please download Bilateral exchange studies online application instructions.
- State Scholarship studies – send the required documents to email@example.com.
- May 15th – Application deadline for first semester or full academic year
- November 15th – Application deadline for second semester or calendar year
Your application form will be processed in four weeks after application deadline by VMU coordinator who will send the confirmation or will ask you to send additional documents by e-mail. The official Confirmation of Acceptance will be sent:
- Erasmus+ exchange students – by e-mail;
- Bilateral exchange students – by e-mail;
- State Scholarship studies – by e-mail.
STEP 3 – PLAN THE ARRIVAL AND RESIDENCE
Step 3.1 – Accommodation
The university accommodation is organized by VMU Student Affairs Department. The number of available places of VMU dormitory accommodation is limited and offered on a first come – first serve basis for the students who apply with the online accommodation form. The form is available only in June (for first semester students) and in November (for second semester students). Please find the following information HERE.
Please contact the Student Affairs Office if you have any housing-related questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3.2 – Health Insurance
Health Insurance is one of the obligatory requirements for all international students at Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) which is taken care of before the students’ arrival. Please find the following information HERE.
Step 3.3 – Visa Application
Non-European Union, non-EEA or non-EFTA country citizens should apply for multiple entry National visas (D). Your application for a visa should be made at a diplomatic mission/embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in your country. Please check Visa guide for more information HERE.
Step 3.4 – Arrival Arrangement and Mentor Support
Please check the Academic Calendar for your arrival arrangement. We recommend you not to miss any classes at the beginning of the semester and to participate in the Orientation Days where the essential academic information and lots of entertainment activities are offered.
The first days of the semester are quite crowded at the University, so the International Cooperation Department plans the registration date and time for each student in order to avoid long waiting lines.
In order to make the adaptation process of incoming students at the University easier, the Mentors’ Programme has been established. Please find more about it HERE.
Once you know your arrival date, time and place, please fill in the Arrival Arrangement and Mentor Support Form (soon to be updated for 2019-2020 Autumn semester).
The Arrival Arrangement and Mentor Support Form deadlines: to be updated.
In one month after this deadline your mentor will contact you to arrange the meeting with you in Kaunas and your exchange coordinator at VMU will inform you about your registration date and time at the International Cooperation Department.
Step 3.5 – Arrival
Vytautas Magnus University provides information how to reach the VMU dormitory which is located in the city centre. Please find directions HERE.
Erasmus+ bilateral agreements, incoming and outgoing students and staff mobility