Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) warmly welcomes all the students coming to study under the exchange programmes. Exchange students join the community of Vytautas Magnus University through the Erasmus+ exchange programme (from both the Programme and the Partner countries), VMU Bilateral Agreements, and Lithuanian State Scholarships.
Watch students’ impressions from their stay at VMU
Join us on Facebook!
STEP 1 – CHOOSE VMU
STEP 2 – APPLY
Before you start to fill out VMU online Application form be sure to take these steps:
Step 2.1 – Nomination E-mail
Make sure that your exchange coordinator of your university has nominated you. The nomination has to be completed at the online nomination system. Please ask your coordinator to follow instructions sent via email by VMU exchange coordinator.
Nomination period (updated):
- April 10 – May 31 – Nomination period for the 1st semester or full academic year
- October 18 – November 9 – Nomination period for the 2nd semester or calendar year
Step 2.2 – Application Documents
Make sure that you have these documents (you will need to scan them):
- Copy of Your Passport or ID Card (validity has to exceed 6 months of exchange period).
- Transcript of Records – the document with the list of courses taken, the exams passed and the credits gained at your university. Get this official document (in English language and signed) from your university.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency. Get this official document (in English language and signed) stating your English language proficiency from your university or provide other test results. Your university coordinators may use this document form as the proof. Note: your English language proficiency should be not lower than B2 level according to the European language levels.
- Learning Agreement – the document with the selected courses at Vytautas Magnus University. First, please check the available courses and other relevant information HERE. Second, please select the courses in VMU online application form (see Step 2.3). Note: recommended amount of the credits: 24 – 36 ECTS. After filling out the online application form the system will automatically generate the Learning agreement. Please print, sign the document and ask your home university to sign it.
- Research plan (only for PhD students). Written in free form, document should provide all detailed information about student’s research topic, scientific interests and goals foreseen to be achieved during the mobility period.
Step 2.3 – Online Application form
Fill out the Application form and upload all required documents:
- Incoming-Application for Erasmus Study Exchange for students from Programme and Partner countries. Please download Erasmus+ studies online application instructions “STEP BY STEP“.
- Incoming-Application for Bilateral Study Exchange. Please download the Bilateral exchange studies online application instructions.
Application period (updated):
- April 10 – June 6 – Application period for the 1st semester or full academic year
- October 18 – November 15 – Application period for the 2nd semester or calendar year
Your application form will be processed in two weeks after application deadline by VMU exchange coordinator who will send the confirmation or will ask you to send additional documents by e-mail. The official Acceptance Letter will be sent by e-mail.
STEP 3 – PLAN THE ARRIVAL AND RESIDENCE
Step 3.1 – Accommodation
The university accommodation is being organized by VMU Student Affairs Department. The number of available places of VMU dormitory accommodation is limited and offered on a first come – first serve basis for the students who apply with the online accommodation form. The form is open only in June (for the autumn semester students) and in December (for the spring semester students). Also the prospective students are provided with the instructions sent by the e-mail. Please find the following information HERE.
Step 3.2 – Health Insurance
Health Insurance is one of the obligatory requirements for all international students at Vytautas Magnus University which should be taken care of before the students’ arrival. Please find the following information HERE.
Step 3.3 – Visa Application
Non-European Union, non-EEA or non-EFTA country citizens should apply for multiple entry National visas (D). Please check the visa guide for more information HERE.
Step 3.4 – Arrival Arrangement and Mentor Support
Please check the Academic Calendar for your arrival arrangement. We recommend you not to miss any classes at the beginning of the semester and to participate in the Orientation Days where the essential academic information and lots of entertainment activities are offered.
The first days of the semester are quite crowded at the University, so the International Cooperation Department plans the registration date and time for each student in order to avoid long waiting lines.
In order to make the adaptation process of incoming students at the University easier, the Mentors’ Programme has been established. Please find more about it HERE.
Once you know your arrival date, time and place, please fill in the Arrival Arrangement and Mentor Support Form (sent by the International Cooperation Department before arrival). Your mentor will contact you to arrange the meeting with you in Kaunas and your exchange coordinator at VMU will inform you about your registration date and time at the International Cooperation Department.
Step 3.5 – Arrival
Vytautas Magnus University provides information how to reach VMU dormitories. Please find directions HERE.
Erasmus+ incoming students, Lithuanian State Scholarships