VMU Researchers’ Response Visit to Kharkov
The administration of the National University of Pharmacy of Ukraine organized a response visit of VMU scientists to Ukraine: academician, Prof. Habil. Dr. Audrius Maruška, Prof. Dr. Saulius Mickevičius, and Prof. Dr. (Habil. Proc.) Ona Ragažinskienė as university cooperation on 3-6 February, 2019.
The meeting was organized according to a pre-program:
- During the Rector’s meeting, representatives of both universities introduced the infrastructure of their universities, the scientific and study activities and the possibilities of international cooperation (Сhief Vice-Rector Prof. A. I. Fedosov, Vice-Rector for Science and Education Prof. A. L. Zagayko, Vice-Rector for Educational Affairs Prof. T. V. Krutskikh, Dean of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Technologies & Management Prof. O. O. Surikov, Dean of the Faculty of Medical & Pharmaceutical Technologies Prof. O. I. Naboka, Head of Academic Mobility Department O. Skrypnyk).
- Agreement for Cooperation has been signed (Rector Prof. A. A. Kotvitska);
- The areas of co-operation were discussed: opportunities of the creation of a double diploma and joint programs.
- Visit to the Clinical Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy and Diagnostic Center (Prof. Dr. I. A. Zupanets), State Scientific-Research Laboratory for Quality Control of Medicines (Prof. S. N. Hubar), departments of Biotechnology (Prof. Strelnikov L.S.), Botanical ( T.M. Hontovaya), Pharmacognosy (Prof. O. M. Koshovyi), Chemistry of Natural Compounds (Prof. V. S. Kyslychenko), Pharmaceutical Technology (Prof. Liliia Vyshnevska), and other departments, where they got acquainted with the science research and study base and the ongoing projects;
- Visited Pharmacy – Cosmetic Factory LEDA (ISO Standard and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) (Director A. V. Demchenko).
During the meeting, the participants shared professional experience and innovations. The potential for cooperation in the fields of pharmacy, pharmacognosy, biotechnology and bioanalysis and medical diagnostics was discussed.
The next meeting with scientists from the National Pharmaceutical University of Ukraine is planned in Kaunas, on 13-14 April, 2019 at international scientific conference the BaltPharm Forum 2019, organized by the Lithuanian Pharmaceutical Association (more information: www.baltpharmforum.com).