Multimedia and Internet Technologies
The aim of the program Multimedia and Internet Technologies is to educate highly qualified IT specialists who can apply mathematics, engineering sciences, and the latest IT and design knowledge and practical skills while developing multimedia and internet media products. Acquired general engineering, specialized technical and art knowledge and practical skills in areas such as digital video and audio synthesis, spatial object modeling, visualization and animation, multimedia systems design, will enable graduates to integrate into an increasingly demanding, and continuously growing market for new technologies, creating new niches and new products in it, will give confidence to independently initiate and develop new cyberspace projects and products.
So, if you want to:
- Construct virtual and augmented 3D environments.
- Develop computer games, transmedia comics, video and audio materials.
- Create music, design and art installations using contemporary media.
- Build the internet of tomorrow.
- Become creators of our virtual future.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Multimedia and Internet Technologies programme!
I work for CGTrader - one of the leading 3D model marketplaces globally for computer graphics, virtual/augmented reality and gaming. My work involves preparing 3D models for clients, quality assurance of models, mentoring models on the platform and advising the team on technical 3D issues. My work becomes my hobby and because of that I am thankful to the professors of VMU and the Multimedia and Internet Technologies programme. I really appreciate the knowledge I have gained during my studies, and I remember the experience of volunteering at innovation fairs, which broadened my horizons.
Bernadeta Daukšaitė. Lithuania. 3D designer.
During my studies I had the opportunity to get acquainted with and practically test various new technologies, develop ideas and implement projects. The acquired knowledge of information systems design, programming, 3D modelling, 2D graphics, and computer game development is very useful in my current scientific and professional activities.
Edgaras Ščiglinskas. Lithuania. Head of Multimedia Laboratory.
Graduates of the study programme are be able to:
- Analyze the latest information technology development trends and link them with the development of new information products and services.
- Identify and analyze new problems and plan strategies for their solution, apply logical thinking and algorithmic skills.
- Analyze and evaluate the new trends of multimedia systems technology and arts.
- Analyze and critically evaluate Internet and multimedia projects from an ethical, social, economic, and safety point of view.
- Specify, design, and implement Internet systems of various complexity using modern multimedia technologies.
- Specify, design, and implement multimedia systems at technical and software levels.
- Apply knowledge of engineering basics, mathematics, and physics in computer animation and multimedia systems.
- Apply knowledge of art theories in multimedia projects.
- Analyze and critically evaluate aesthetic aspects of multimedia systems and products.
- Apply knowledge of traditional and modern media in the development of Internet and multimedia products and services.
- Use information retrieval, systematization, processing, security technologies.
- Professionally use the modern media technologies (photography, video, audio, etc.).
- Communicate professionally, clearly present the results and conclusions of the work to various audiences in writing and orally.
- Learn and work systematically and independently, continuously grow professional skills, be initiative and responsible.
- Demonstrate creativity in solving professional tasks and problems.
Graduates of the program can work in:
- Various organizations developing products and services in the fields of information, electronics, communication technologies.
- Advertising and design agencies.
- Public information and communication companies.
- Other organizations such as public sector institutions, business companies, NGOs.
- Or continue master studies in Lithuanian or foreign higher educations.
Unity Technologies is a company that develops virtual and augmented reality applications, and computer games worldwide. We are proud to have our students working for this company.
Eduland is an organisation that encourages and helps children of all ages to experience the joy of discovery and creativity. Eduland provides opportunities for students to try their hand at creating playful environments, virtual and augmented reality solutions.
Contacts of Informatics Faculty (inquiries regarding study programme)
Contact persons of the programme
|Mrs. Judita Kasperiūnienė, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Vileikos g. 8 – 409, LT-44404 Kaunas, Lithuania
Contacts of International Cooperation Department
|V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211-215, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania