Music Education (in Vilnius)
To train a competent music educator, researcher, and leader, who has acquired fundamental and applied research-based knowledge in music education, music expression, artistic leadership, and managerial competencies and who is capable of grounding formal and informal music education practice on evidence as well as improving it.
To prepare a competent music educator who has acquired fundamental and applied research-based competencies in the field of music education, musical expression, artistic leadership, and project management, capable of improving the practice of formal and informal music education.
Students will be able to:
- A graduate will be able to critically analyse and systemise new educational ideas, to independently develop contemporary theories and trends of music education from the perspective of philosophy, psychology, educational sciences and considering a social aspect, to creatively use achievements of other sciences in music education, educational practice and conducted educational research.
- A graduate will capable of applying the newest music information and communication technologies, introducing innovative methods of music education, modern conceptions of integrated arts education while improving the quality of music education.
- A graduate will be able to apply the newest methodology of educational research, innovative research methods, to initiate and independently carry out research in music education as well as projects for music education improvement that are necessary for introduction on innovation and improvement of educational activities.
- A graduate will be able to interpret the research results in the context of achievements in other sciences, to apply the obtained results in the broader professional context, to prepare recommendations for education policymakers, administrators, and communities regarding changes in the practice of education in general and music education.
- A graduate will be able to develop and creatively apply abilities of music expression, innovative didactic systems of music education, and methodology of educational project development in his/her practical activity, to form interdisciplinary teams for the development and implementation of projects, to envisage and critically evaluate realities of contemporary music education in the intercultural context.
- A graduate will capable of creating, evaluating, and improving curricular, new forms of music education taking into account the diversity of learners, different roles taken by participants in the process of learning, the complex nature of learning process as well as peculiarities of educational environments.
- A graduate will be able to act in an international team, to engage in professional networks, to assume responsibility for the quality of own activities and that of his/her team members as well as for its evaluation and improvement.
- A graduate will be able to develop professional relations in the field, to exchange experience and to organise its dissemination, to conduct discussions in the educational community seeking to improve music education.
- A graduate will be able to reflect on educational activity, develop competencies and a personal career, think systematically and strategically, independently make complex decisions, act ethically, to motivate the community to collaborate while attaining common goals.
- A graduate will be able to assume the role of leader organizing formal and informal music education that is oriented towards the success of each learner considering multiculturalism and diversity
The graduates from this study programme will be able to work as music teachers in gymnasiums, general education schools and art schools, in early childhood education institutions. They will be able to organise extra-curricular, non-formal or private music education activities, to work as organisers and managers of music education in schools and other educational institutions, as teachers in colleges and universities and to take part in scientific research. Access to further studies: PhD studies.
Contacts of Education Academy(inquiries regarding study programme)
Contact persons of the programme
|Asta Rauduvaitė, email@example.com
Address: T. Sevcenkos g. 31, 03111 Vilnius
Contacts of the International Cooperation Department
|V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211-215, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania