Accounting and Finance / Учет и Финансы (in Russian/English)
The aim of the programme is to prepare highly qualified specialist in accounting and finance, holding knowledge in the sciences of accounting and finance, knowing the principles and methods of accounting organization and handling, financial analysis and management models, capable of independent formation and critical assessment of the financial and tax accounting policy, deal with financial management problems, plan, organize, control and assess the finances of business, public and non-profit organizations and substantiate the financial management decisions under the constantly changing conditions.
Why to choose this programme?
- Accounting is a business language, that helps to understand the meaning of numbers and the significant processes that takes place in any company.
- Programme prepares highly qualified, innovative financiers that operates creative, digitized accounting, sustainable (green) financial management, tax optimization, organizational value creation, risk management and assessment of future opportunities.
- You will be prepared for managing both - accounting and finances.
- You will be able to help the managers of the biggest companies to make the right decisions how successfully manage the business.
- Every business needs its professional accountant – you will have wide job opportunities and a possibility to choose whether you want to lead a company or manage your own business.
Language of instruction: First study year is taught in Russian, from the second-year language of instruction is English.
About the Programme
The study program allows to develop the general erudition and special abilities, as well as to provide the fundamental and applied knowledge which necessary for accounting, financial management and for further studies at a higher level. Small and medium business organizations dominate in majority of the countries, this require a universal specialist, who is a good judge of the principles and methods of accounting organization, management, financial analysis and management; is able independently to formulate and critically evaluate financial and tax accounting policies; to solve the problems of accounting and financial management; is able to plan, organize, control and evaluate the finances of business and public organizations and justify the financial management decisions on an ever-changing environment. Completing of this study program provided bachelor’s degree of Business Management.
Internship is a part of the programme curriculum. You will be able to do it at business companies, public sector establishments and other organizations. During the internship you will learn formation of the accounting policy and organization of the accounting and finance at the entity, enhance your theoretical knowledge in accounting and finance, and develop practical skills in accounting and financial management. You will learn with the organizational structure, its recent years’ activity, performance, and prospects, procedures at the company and accounting procedures as well as financial and tax reporting. Training Internship on accounting information technologies is focused on further development of practical skills acquired as you work with accounting information systems.
Following completion of the study programme You will be able to:
- handle financial, tax and management accounting at organizations, form the accounting policy ensuring effectiveness of the accounting system and validity of the accounting information.
- control the assets and equity, transactions, and performance results of the organizations.
- identify the accounting and financial management problems and the available solutions.
- organize and conduct audit and document its results.
- apply mathematical and statistical methods and modern information technologies necessary for the analysis and assessment of economic and social phenomena and processes.
- to work as chief accountant, accountant, financial analyst, financial manager, internal auditor in national and international business enterprises, public sector organizations, audit firms, institutions of tax, insurance, controlling, consulting, finance.
- Independently as self-employed to provide accounting, tax and consulting services.
- To continue your studies in master degree of accounting, finance, economics, management and business administration, and other social sciences.
Choosing to study at Vytautas Magnus University Agriculture Academy, firstly I liked the website and campus of VMU Agriculture Academy, secondly, I found the right, really good faculty and study programme for myself, thirdly, the best point is that Lithuania is in the middle of Europe, so I can easily travel to other countries and see the world. While studying at VMU Agriculture Academy I have met a lot of international students, which enriched me as a person. It’s an invaluable experience.
Daniya Mazhikova, Accounting and Finance student. Kazakhstan
While studying the subjects of the Accounting and Finance study program, I learned the most important things – how to manage the accounting of companies and farms and how to manage business finances. In the future, this knowledge will help you to enter the market as a competitive professional and apply it in the daily activities.
Tomas Diliūnas, Accounting and Finance graduate. Lithuania
Accounting and Finance studies was the first purposeful step in my future professional activities. Obtaining a broad-based diploma will give you the opportunity to expand your job search, not just stay in accounting. I value my studies at Vytautas Magnus University not only because of the acquired knowledge, the flexibility of the faculty, but also because of my expanded worldview, the development of social contacts and the possibility of additional activities. This ensured my complete improvement. I was able to put a lot of management knowledge into practice, because I was actively involved in student activities, for which I am very grateful to everyone who contributed. It was undoubtedly one of the most colourful years that will be remembered all the time due to the wonderful VMU Agriculture Academy community.
Jūratė Lideikytė, Accounting and Finance graduate. Lithuania
- Chief accountant, accountant, financial analyst, financial manager, internal auditor, consultant in national and international business enterprises, public sector organizations, audit firms, tax, insurance, control, consulting financial institutions.
- Independent provisor of accounting, tax and consulting services.
- Owner of accounting or financial services business on the national and international level.
- Further studies in the Master's degree in accounting, finance, economics, management and business administration and other social sciences.
Contacts of Bioeconomy Development Department (inquiries regarding study programme)
Contact persons of the programme
|prof. dr. Danutė Zinkevičienė, email@example.com
|Studentų g. 11, LT-53361 Kauno raj., Lithuania
Contacts of International Cooperation Department
|V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211-215, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania