Upon the completion of the study programme, graduates will be able to apply the results of fundamental and applied research creatively, by making innovative decisions on the improvement and development of business logistics and implementing them in the context of an intensively changing business environment. The Program Graduates will be able to work at Logistics Departments of Business Enterprises, Logistics Managers of other spheres, Logistics Consultants, and Specialists of other Business Associations. The Program Graduates will be empowered to start and develop a logistics services business nationally and internationally, analyze and critically evaluate business logistic ideas, formulate business management arguments and assumptions, and apply them to logistic management.
The aim of the study program is to prepare the specialists in business logistics able to creatively apply the findings of fundamental and applied research to innovative decision-making related to improvement and development of the bioeconomy sector and business logistics as well as the implementation thereof under the conditions of intensively changing business environment.
The outcomes of the study programme
Upon the completion of the study programme, graduates will be able to:
- Explain the social science theories, describe the logistics technologies, principles of modeling and designing of the logistics systems on the basis of the fundamental and applied research, and apply them to the bioeconomy industry companies and logistics enterprises under the conditions of uncertainty.
- Apply the knowledge in business development based on business management theories and findings of fundamental and applied research in the bioeconomy sector and logistics companies under changing conditions.
- Organize and conduct applied research in logistics, prepare the methodology thereof, process the data, assess the results necessary for the improvement of the logistics activity, and making of the development decisions
- Analyze and critically assess the ideas for the improvement of business logistics management, formulate the arguments and assumptions for implementation of the ideas, prepare and apply innovations in business logistics, and management of the business logistics technologies necessary for the improvement of the economic, social, and environmental performance.
- Model and design the logistics systems and prepare the measures for the movement of material assets and biological substances within the logistics chain necessary for the coordination and improvement of logistics at the bioeconomy companies and of the operations of other auxiliary sectors.
- Deal with complex non-routine business management problems, make and implement innovative strategic business management decisions under the changing conditions in the bioeconomy sector and logistics companies.
- Communicate in writing and orally in a consistent and reasonable manner and convey the ideas of improvement of the logistics business to the representatives of the logistics business and other stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the work of the team members and own work and perform its assessment following the professional ethics and civic approach in business logistics.
- Independently identify the learning needs and engage in learning in order to improve the professional qualifications in the area of logistics in the context of life-long learning.
- Use the research knowledge and research experience as well as the skills of systematic and strategic thinking for an independent professional activity or research work in the area of logistics.
- Make innovative decisions in business logistics taking into account their ethical aspects and the possible effect on the society and environment.
|Department of Bioeconomy Development (inquiries regarding study programme)|
|Contact persons of the programme Bernardas Vaznonis, Bernardas.Vaznonis@vdu.lt|
|Address Studentų g. 11, LT-53361 Kauno raj., Lithuania|
|International Cooperation Department (inquiries regarding application and admission)|
|Visiting Address V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|Mailing Address K. Donelaičio g. 58, LT-44248 Kaunas, Lithuania|
Chat with students: