Logistics and Commerce
The aim of the first cycle study programme of Logistics and Commerce is to prepare the specialists in logistics and commerce holding extensive expertise and able to apply the theoretical knowledge in business and management to the decision-making related to management and business organization at the entities operating in logistics and commerce and able to develop of the competitive and socially responsible business in the domestic and international markets.
After the completion of the study programme, students will be able to plan, forecast, and evaluate the development results of those businesses; apply basic theoretical assertions or theories in justifying decisions in logistics or trading business; plan, forecast and evaluate the development and results in logistics and trading business; implement business development projects and to apply legislation governing the operations and business activities.
The outcomes of the study programme
Upon the completion of the study programme, graduates will be able to:
- Expand the expertise to be able to determine the issues of human historicity, secularity, an individual’s societal context, geopolitical circumstances of the development of the mindset, and the processes of individualization under the conditions of globalization.
- Explain the essence of entrepreneurship, learn and compare the specifics of logistics and commercial activities related to business organizations and the possible effect thereof on the environment, business decisions, and the general public.
- Explain the economic, social, technological business resources and processes, issues, and the importance of their decisions in planning, forecasting, and assessing the management of the logistics and commerce organizations, process and results of business organization, and is able to use the basic theoretical arguments or theories for substantiation of the managerial decisions in logistics and commercial operations, thereby developing the competitive and socially responsible business in the domestic and international markets.
- Name and apply the modern business management theories and concepts, the factors of the logistics and commercial activities related to business, the methods for assessment of the effect and research thereof enabling them to learn the environment of commerce and logistic organizations and business as well as the processes taking place within the environment and the applicability of other methods in the development of the competitive and socially responsible business in the domestic and international markets.
- Identify the key business categories and phenomena defined by them, key business and management principles, methods, and strategies, and the diversity of business organization forms as well as the factors affecting the choice thereof, the financial and other resource accounting and management methods as well as the applicability thereof.
- The students are able to collect and analyze the data necessary for addressing important issues in logistics and commerce by using the achievements and methods of the fundamental and applied research as well as organize and conduct applied research in consumer and competitor behavior, employee motivation, responsibly prepare the information necessary for managerial decision-making in logistics and commerce.
- The students are able to apply and make managerial decisions for the organization of management and business of logistics and commerce organizations in an innovative manner, establish logistics and commerce companies, plan, organize, coordinate and evaluate their operations, choose integrated technological, organizational, and methodological measures for the management of the business environment, and able to develop the competitive and socially responsible business in the domestic and international markets.
- The students are able to manage business information flows, social, technological processes and the interaction thereof in the operations of logistics and commerce organizations, analyse and substantiate the decisions in the areas of human, financial, material resource planning, organization, coordination, control, information management, and evaluation of the economic condition and performance.
- The students are able to communicate with the specialists and public in dealing with tasks related to logistics and commercial operations, presenting the completed activities and results thereof, cooperate effectively with colleagues and clients, work in a team, and represent interests.
- Take the moral and ethical responsibility for the quality of the work by the subordinate employees and own work, assessment thereof following the professional ethics, civic approach, and perceives the effect of the performance results on the societal, economic, cultural development, well-being, and environment, and learn and improve skills independently in the area of logistics and commerce and plan the learning process.
Having completed the study programme of Logistics and Commerce and gained the qualification degree of Bachelor in Business Management, graduates will be able to work in logistics, supply management, transportation, warehousing, and transshipment service companies as the coordinators of logistics, intermediaries, representatives, administrators at the logistics, supply management, transportation, warehousing, and transshipment companies of Lithuania, 3PL (third-party logistics model), 4PL (fourth-party logistics model) organizations, agricultural supply, and logistics companies, and organizations coordinating these activities, companies operating in the procurement of agricultural raw materials, processing and trade thereof, agricultural and logistic facilities, retail sector, and shipment networks, as well as develop own business in logistics and commerce.
Upon successful completion, the graduates could continue the second-cycle studies in the fields of business and management.at Vytautas Magnus University or other Lithuanian and foreign universities.
|Faculty of Bioeconomy Development (inquiries regarding study programme)|
|Contact persons of the programme Mr. Bernardas Vaznonis,firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Address Studentų g. 11, LT-53361 Kauno raj., Lithuania|
|International Cooperation Department (inquiries regarding application and admission)|
|Visiting Address V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|Mailing Address K. Donelaičio g. 58, LT-44248 Kaunas, Lithuania|
Chat with students: