The study programme Organizational Psychology is designed to prepare a psychologist capable of applying current knowledge and methods in psychology, research, consultation and counselling skills based on sound scientific and ethical principles that will promote psychosocial well-being and organizational effectiveness within the context of economic and social change.
Upon completion of the programme a student is qualified a Master in Social Sciences, specialising in Organizational Psychology.
Upon completion of the programme the graduates will have acquired the following competencies:
1. Describe, critically evaluate and apply modern psychological theories explaining behaviour of an organization, person or group.
2. Evaluate and analyse psychological aspects and problems of functioning of organizations.
3. Carry out research on the basis of modern scientific methodology, to interpret the results properly, be able to present them appropriately, and give recommendations.
4. Consult organizations on leadership, personnel management, organisation of work, career counselling and promotion of psychological well-being of employees.
5. Elaborate and improve psychological intervention programmes (personnel education, health maintenance and promotion, team formation, employees’ adaptation and socialization, etc.), provide help in their implementation and be able to evaluate their effectiveness.
6. Work following Labour Law regulations and principles of professional ethics;
7. Work individually and in teams, exchange information and professional experience.
Organizational Psychologists will be able to work in diverse organizations, career consultation centres, job centres, and personnel training centres. Also, masters in Psychology degree gives opportunity to pursue Doctoral studies in Psychology or other fields of Social sciences.
|Department of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences (inquiries regarding study programme)|
|Head of the Department Assoc. prof. dr. Loreta Gustainienė, Loreta.email@example.com|
|Administrator Ms Justina Nedzinskaitė, Justina.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Address Jonavos g. 66, room 331, LT 44191 Kaunas, Lithuania.|
|International Cooperation Department (inquiries regarding application and admission)|
|Visiting Address V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|Mailing Address K. Donelaičio g. 58, LT-44248 Kaunas, Lithuania|