Objective(s) of the study programme:
To prepare professionals with extensive knowledge of international politics, with developed analytical, critical and creative thinking, posessing diplomatic skills necessary for foreign policy making and implementation, including strategic planning, program and project management, communication, negotiation, information gathering and critical analysis, reporting, creative writing, and capacity to evaluate global tendencies and adapt to changing circumstances.
Feedback of lecturers and students
Are you in Vilnius?
Do you fancy deep diplomatic knowledge and activities?
Wanna hold MA diploma in 3 semesters?
Classes provided by university professors and professionals of diplomacy and media
Enrollment wouldn't come amiss
Prof. Mindaugas Jurkynas, Head of MA Diplomacy programme
„Masters of Diplomacy (Vilnius) of Vytautas Magnus University is not just an excellent education program providing with opportunities to broaden knowledge and skills much needed in modern days international relations, it does also create a unique opportunity to interact with students from various countries, regions and even continents. It eventually could become a key instrument for your success in building up your future careers“
Ambasador Darius Degutis
„Diplomacy is art, thus studies in the milieu of liberal arts enables students to properly prepare for diplomacy. Vytautas Magnus University cherishes artes liberales traditions and provides good grounds for studies in the aforementioned field. A small state at the crossroads of European powers is a great place for the start of diplomatic activities. Truly, representation of interests of small states perfects diplomacy into art.“
Lecturer Rytis Zemkauskas
„The field of diplomacy goes through unprecedented changes but remains as important as ever in the interconnected and interdependent modern world.
Vytautas Magnus University created a new Diplomacy (Vilnius) programme where experienced lecturers share both their theoretical and practical expertise in the complex field of modern diplomacy. I was happy to be part of the course and I would recommend it to anyone who strives to deepen their understanding of the processes that impact international relations and diplomacy today“
Viktorija Čmilytė-Nielsen, 2nd year student, member of the Seimas
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will:
- Have understanding of the basic processes of World politics, economy, history and law.
- Understand the principles of organization of the diplomatic service.
- Be able to apply theories of communication, negotiation, organizational and communication psychology in diplomatic activities.
- Be able to analyze Global order, and to apply the most effective models of diplomatic practices on the organizational, societal, national or international levels.
- Be able to analyze diplomacy as an institution of international relations and an essential social practice.
- Be able to plan political strategy and manage public programs and projects.
- Be able to communicate in groups of different competences and cultures, to work in a team within or outside organizations.
- Be able to adapt one’s experience in the changing social circumstances and in different cultural environments.
- Obtain interdisciplinary thinking and high professional culture, ability to learn independently.
Upon completion of the Programme, graduates will have an opportunity to take up professional positions in diplomatic and civil service, secretariats, delegations and missions of International organizations and NGO’s, companies of private sector where competencies, related to communication, strategic and policy planning, project management are needed. They will also be able to perform analytical work at consultancies and think tanks.
|Department of Political Science, Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy|
|Head of Department Assoc. Prof. Andžej Pukšto email@example.com|
|Head of Programme Committee Prof. Mindaugas Jurkynas firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Address Putvinskio st. 23, room 604, LT-44243 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|International Cooperation Department (inquiries regarding application and admission)|
|Visiting Address V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|Mailing Address K. Donelaičio g. 58, LT-44248 Kaunas, Lithuania|