Society, Culture and Communication
The goal of the programme Society, Culture and Communication is to train highly-qualified B. A. graduates in sociology and communication who would be able to identify and analyse social problems and cultural processes, to expertly conduct sociological and communication research, to explain, compare and evaluate social processes and to apply creatively their research skills in the fields of communication and information science.
Graduates of Society, Culture and Communication study program will be eligible to continue studies in the Master study programs of sociology, social anthropology, and other social sciences and humanities in Lithuania and foreign study institutions.
Feedback of lecturers and students
“Contemporary world needs thoughtful, innovative and creative individuals who would contribute to its betterment. “Society, Culture and Communication” study programme will enable its students to combine theoretical and empirical knowledge about society and culture with practical tools of cognition and communication.”
Prof. Artūras Tereškinas, head of the Programme, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Vytautas Magnus University
The covered study areas include:
- Cultural diversity and intercultural communication
- Qualitative and quantitative social research methods
- Classical and contemporary sociological thinking
- Applied statistics
- Deviance, crime and social control
- Social psychology
- Gender and sexuality
- Globalization and International communication
- Risk communication and sustainable development
- Theory and practice of public relations and strategic communication
- Audiovisual communication and scriptwriting
- Principles of marketing
- Technologies and innovations in knowledge professions.
Graduates of programme:
- will work as analysts and communication specialists in government (ministries and other state institutions), and non-governmental (human rights organizations, etc.) and private (insurance, marketing, public relations companies, etc.) sectors.
- will use acquired skills in sociology and communication in analyzing and communicating knowledge to both target and wider audiences on the issues of social exclusion, poverty, structural inequality, public health, civic (dis)empowerment and social policy.
- will employ innovative contemporary social research methods in order to identify, forecast and solve fundamental social problems in national and international companies, organizations and institutions.
|Faculty of Social Sciences (inquiries regarding study programme)|
|Head of Department of Sociology Prof. Dr. Milda Ališauskienė, email@example.com|
|Head of the Study Programme Prof. Artūras Tereškinas, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Address Jonavos str. 66-306, LT-44191 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|International Cooperation Department (inquiries regarding application and admission)|
|Visiting Address V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|Mailing Address K. Donelaičio g. 58, LT-44248 Kaunas, Lithuania|