Diplomacy and International Relations
The goal of the graduate study programme Diplomacy and International Relations is to prepare highly qualified specialists and analysts who will possess the skills to analyse and to evaluate the evolution of international relations, including the major changes and events in this field and the reasons for these changes. Graduates of this programme will be able to identify and reconcile ever-changing norms, roles and the types of practical diplomacy used in international relations. The programme of Diplomacy and International Relations will develop students’ skills to gather, update and to apply the newest scientific knowledge. Upon completion of the programme, a Master’s degree in Social Sciences is granted.
Why Diplomacy and International Relations programme?
- You will develop your skills to gather, update and to apply the newest scientific knowledge.
- The professors of the program are practitioners working in the fields of diplomacy and international relations.
- Convenient study schedule and opportunities for internships in almost any country of the world.
- Lectures focus on the formation of practical skills.
I couldn't expect my experience at VMU to be any better: the learning environment is welcoming and challenging; professors are prepared, willing to help and always available for students; the staff is really helpful for any issue (as a foreign student, I'd like to mention in particular the International Office, they are always there for any need). I would definitely suggest anyone who is considering to start or to further his/her studies to go on with VMU.
Davide Calzoni, Italy. Graduate.
Being a master student of “Diplomacy and International Relations”, I was given comprehensively competitive education. I can state that programme methodology and outcomes are directly proportional. The programme gives opportunity to gain theoretical and practical experience, as well as analytical skills to quantify the main challenges in international relations. What is more, precisely, I have enjoyed all courses through the whole curriculum.
Daviti Mtchedlishvili, Georgia. Graduate and PhD researcher in New Zealand
I have studied Diplomacy and International Relations programme at Vytautas Magnus University in the year 2013-2015 and can attest to the fact that it helped to broaden my mind in various ways. First of all, a good quality of studies was noticeable. Lectures were interesting, intensive and professors together with administrative staff motivated us to seek great academic achievements. A fact that we had a chance to learn French (a working language of diplomats) as part of our programme is worth mentioning. I especially appreciate the opportunities provided by the university for student mobility - both for studies abroad and for gaining practical skills. I spent one semester in the University of Glasgow for Erasmus+ exchange and last semester did internship in the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania to the Holy See and Maltese Order. The faculty was flexible and allowed me to write Master's thesis while being abroad. It definitely has been a great and enriching experience for me. So for all those, who are willing to develop themselves particularly in the field of international relations, I highly recommend this study programme, faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy and Vytautas Magnus University.
Gediminas Laskauskas, Lithuania. Graduate.
Graduates of the programme obtain the following skills:
- To conduct theoretical analyses of significant problems in the field of international relations and diplomacy.
- To be prepared to perform practical work in the field of international relations and diplomacy using gained theoretical background.
- The ability to independently identify and analyse the main challenges in the practical sphere of international relations and diplomacy.
- To be prepared to conduct theoretical analyses of significant problems in the field of international relations and diplomacy.
- To be able to evaluate fast-changing social practices and to flexibly apply it in the Lithuanian and international labour-market.
- To obtain familiarity with the high culture of professional thinking.
Graduates of the Diplomacy and International Relations master’s programme will have the possibility to work in various state, non-governmental and private institutions, Lithuanian government institutions (e.g. Ministry of Foreign Affairs), diplomatic missions (embassies, business, tourism), EU institutions, and educational institutions, (e.g. Institutions of higher education, Institutes of Scientific Research).
Graduates of the programme are also offered the possibility to continue their studies in PhD programme in the field of Social Sciences.
Contacts of Political Science and Diplomacy Faculty (inquiries regarding study programme)
Contact persons of the programme
|Mindaugas Norkevičius, PhD., email@example.com|
|Putvinskio g. 23, room 604, LT-44243 Kaunas, Lithuania|
Contacts of International Cooperation Department
|V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211-215, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania