Graduates of this programme are qualified experts of international economics who would be knowledgeable in the field and able to conduct scientific research at micro or macro levels, considering it in international and global contexts. Graduates of the programme will possess the necessary skills for assessing and formulating international economic policies, conducting scientific economic analysis, employing appropriate methods and techniques for prediction and implementation of economic strategies at organizational and national levels, etc.
Students admitted to the programme have a possibility to study for the Double Diploma with the leading Business Schools from CEEMS network: University of Trento in Italy and University of Aveiro in Portugal.
Feedback of lecturers and students
From a student's perspective
Tamta Kakauridze (1st year student, Azerbaijan)
In International Economics programme I get knowledge - qualified and motivated teachers are always ready to help students and provide them information. Also, there is many opportunities - visiting companies, guest lectures, various projects. And of course I make many friends here – I meet many international students in VMU and that is just awesome.
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of international economics theory and processes; to analyze and critically evaluate economic theory, new findings and the impact of global environment on economic systems; develop and apply original ideas for research.
- apply knowledge of international economy, solve problems in an uncertain environment.
- apply methods of modern economic analysis, employ techniques of quantitative, statistical and experimental analysis for policy evaluation in international context.
- integrate knowledge for solving multifaceted problems on national and international level undertaking socially responsible decisions.
- present summarized data, findings, conclusions of the research to professional and nonprofessional audience.
- be continuously engaged in the study process.
With this degree on résumé, graduates will be able to work as professional economists in international companies, agencies, governmental institutions and the private sector. They can work in international organizations and other structures. They may also choose to pursue a PhD in Economics, to work as the teachers of the Economics in schools and universities.
|Faculty of Economics and Management (inquiries regarding study programme)|
|Head of Economics Study Programme Commitee Prof. Violeta Pukelienė, Violeta.Pukeliene@vdu.lt|
|Administrator Rasuolė Andruškevičiūtė, email@example.com|
|Address S. Daukanto g. 28, room 209, LT-44246 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|International Cooperation Department (inquiries regarding application and admission)|
|Visiting Address S. Daukanto g. 27, room 305, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|Mailing Address K. Donelaičio g. 58, LT-44248 Kaunas, Lithuania|