Master degree study programme of Finance was introduced in September 1993. The developed study programme was based on curriculum benchmarking through networking with foreign universities (e.g. from USA, Denmark) and the best practices. The peculiarities of the Finance programme at VMU are built on broad theoretical foundation in economics and finance, and specializing study subjects by different knowledge areas; rich menu of elective study subjects offered from Programmes in economics, management and business administration, as well as other social sciences offered at VMU; strong international context of contents of study subjects, reflecting integration of financial intermediaries and markets into international organizations; continuing curriculum development, taking into account dynamics of business and financial environment, and demand for new knowledge and competencies in finance. Since 2013 – 2014 academic year the programme is taught entirely in English.
The purpose of the programme is to train qualified specialists in finance, who have assimilated modern theories and methods in financial management, have systematic approach to macroeconomic processes and financial management at micro level, are able to analyze and to evaluate critically the processes on-going in the financial system and in business structures, to keep abreast of scientific and practical innovations in the finance field and to apply them in the professional activities.
Students admitted to the programme have a possibility to study for the Double Diploma with the leading Business Schools from CEEMS network: Louvain School of Management at Louvain Catholic University, Belgium and Norway School of Economics in Bergen.
Feedback of lecturers and students
From a student's perspective
Agnė Galinskaitė (1st year student, Lithuania)
I study Finance, because it is very interesting, useful and perspective studies. Lecturers in Faculty of Economics and Management are real professionals with many experience in their field.
At the moment I prepare my second scientific article and preparing for Double diploma studies in NHH (Norway).
Graduates of the programme obtain the following competencies:
- have assimilated modern financial theories and methods,
- have systematic understanding and critical approach towards both national and global macroeconomic and business processes;
- have skills to identify and to apply analytical financial tools and methods for complex decision making for the financial and real business structures;
- are able to keep abreast of scientific and practical innovations in the finance field and to perform independent research applying different research methods for the analysis of real world financial problems under growing uncertainty;
- are capable to apply the acquired competences and skills in the professional activity at the intersection of financial system and businesses;
- have skills to work and to communicate efficiently in the team and in the cross-cultural environment;
- have skills of critical, creative, socially responsible, ethical thinking and activity.
Graduates of the Finance programme will be able to work as financial specialists in the firms with different business profile, in banks and other financial institutions; financial consultants in audit, business consultancy firms; financial specialists, advisors, experts in government and municipality institutions; instructors, lecturers in finance in education institutions. Graduates of Finance programme may continue studies in PhD studies in economics or management.
|Department of Finance, Faculty of Economics and Management (inquiries regarding study programme)|
|Head of Finance Study Programme Commitee Prof. Kristina Levišauskaitė, Kristina.Levisauskaite@vdu.lt|
|Administrator Rasuolė Andruškevičiūtė, email@example.com|
|Address S. Daukanto g. 28, room 209, LT-44246 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|International Cooperation Department (inquiries regarding application and admission)|
|Visiting Address V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|Mailing Address K. Donelaičio g. 58, LT-44248 Kaunas, Lithuania|