Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/34197
Type of publication: Straipsnis kitose duomenų bazėse / Article in other databases (S4)
Field of Science: Teologija / Theology (H002)
Author(s): Žemaitis, Kęstutis
Title: Šunskų parapijos istorinė raida iki II pasaulinio karo pradžios
Other Title: The History of Sunskai Parish before the Beginning of World War II
Is part of: Soter : religijos mokslo žurnalas. Kaunas : Vytauto Didžiojo universiteto leidykla., 2005, nr. 16(44)
Extent: p. 61-68
Date: 2005
Keywords: Istorinė raida;Šunskų gyvenvietė;Šunskų parapija;Gyventojai;History;Šunskai village;Šunskai parish;Inhabitants
Abstract: Straipsnyje nagrinėjama vienos Vilkaviškio vyskupijos parapijos – Šunskų – istorinė raida. Ši bendruomenė jau egzistavo, kai didelė Užnemunės dalis priklausė Vilniaus vyskupijai. Šunskai ilgą laiką buvo Vilkaviškio vyskupijos filija ir priklausė Alvito dekanatui. Pirmoji bažnyčia Šunskuose buvo pastatyta 1795 metais, antroji – 1865 metais. Manoma, kad dar prieš 1795 metus Šunskuose buvo koplytėlė. Parapijos pavadinimas keitėsi tris kartus. Seniausiuose archyviniuose dokumentuose vietovė ir parapija vadinama Šumsku, vėliau Šumskais ir dar vėliau – Šunskais. Parapijos istoriją būtų galima suskirstyti į laikotarpius, kurie sutampa su civilinių valdžių kaita. Iš Šunskų parapijos kilo daug garsių inteligentų, joje dirbo gana daug garbingų kunigų. Gyvenvietė ir parapija patirdavo negandas karų ir okupacijų laikotarpiais
The article deals with the history of Sunskai parish of the diocese of Vilkaviskis. At a time when most of the Uznemune region territory belonged to the Vilnius diocese, this community of Sunskai already existed. Sunskai parish was a filial church in the diocese of Vilkaviskis, which also was a part of Alvitas deanery. The first church in Sunskai was built in 1795. The second one was built in 1865. There is some belief that there was a chapel before 1795. The name of the parish also has changed three times. The oldest documents show that the village and the parish had the same name of Sumskas; later names were Sumskai and Sunskai. The parish history could be divided in separate periods according to the change of civil rule. Many important persons evolved from the Sunskai parish. There were many noble priests that worked in the parish. It was during the times of war and occupation that the parish suffered various fatalities
Internet: https://eltalpykla.vdu.lt/1/34197
https://www.vdu.lt/cris/bitstream/20.500.12259/34197/1/ISSN2335-8785_2005_N_16_44.PG_61-68.pdf
https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/34197
Affiliation(s): Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas
Appears in Collections:SOTER: religijos mokslo žurnalas / SOTER: Journal of Religious Science 2005, nr. 16(44)
Universiteto mokslo publikacijos / University Research Publications

Files in This Item:
marc.xml10.44 kBXMLView/Open

MARC21 XML metadata

Show full item record

Page view(s)

216
checked on Mar 31, 2020

Download(s)

168
checked on Mar 31, 2020

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.