Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/32921
Type of publication: Straipsnis kitose duomenų bazėse / Article in other databases (S4)
Field of Science: Istorija ir archeologija / History and archeology (H005)
Author(s): Kamuntavičienė, Vaida
Title: Gardino dekanato parapijos XVII a. antrojoje pusėje
Other Title: Parishes in the deanery of Grodno in the second half of the 17th century
Is part of: Soter : religijos mokslo žurnalas. Kaunas : Vytauto Didžiojo universiteto leidykla, 46 (2013)
Extent: p. 49-68
Date: 2013
Keywords: Gardino dekanatas;Parapijos istorija;17 amžius;Klebonas;Sielovada;Grodno deanery;Parish history;Parson;Pastoral care;17-th century
Abstract: Straipsnyje, remiantis Lietuvos Didžiosios Kunigaikštystės Vilniaus vyskupijos parapijų vizitacijų, inventorių ir kita archyvine medžiaga, analizuojama Vilniaus vyskupijos Gardino dekanato parapijų padėtis XVII a. antrojoje pusėje: apibūdinama bažnyčių išvaizda, altoriai, klebonai ir jų sielovados apimtys. Gardino dekanato gyventojai buvo nevienalyčiai konfesiniu požiūriu, greta gyveno katalikai, stačiatikiai, unitai, protestantai bei judėjai, todėl straipsnyje pateikiama jų sugyvenimo pavyzdžių. Taip pat straipsnyje atsispindi XVII a. vidurio Abiejų Tautų Respublikos– Rusijos karo ir Rusijos okupacijos padariniai dekanato bažnyčioms
In the second half of the 17th century Grodno deanery of Vilnius diocese was comprised of 21 Catholic churches (Odelsk, Hoża, Dąbrowa, Ejsmonty, Jeziory, Grodno, Indura, Krasnybór, Krynki, Kundzin, Kuźnica, Kwasówka, Lipsk, Brzostowica Mała, Nowy Dwór, Przewałka, Różanystok, Sokolany, Sokółka, Szudziałow, Zalesie). These churches were founded at various time periods, from the beginning of the 15th century, i.e. times of the grand duke of Lithuania Vytautas (Grodno parish), until the end of the 17th century. Most of the churches established their existence during the ruling of Sigismund III Vasa (the junction of the 16th and 17th centuries), the patron of most of them being the sovereign. Ejsmonty and Brzostowica Mała churches were founded the latest, respectively in 1695 and 1663 after the war between the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Russia in the middle of the 17th century. Based on visitation and inventories related materials of the deanery in various Lithuanian and Polish manuscripts it was stated that there were only two brick parish churches in the deanery (Grodno, Zalesie), and Nowy Dwór church was half brick, half wooden. All other churches were wooden, although some of them were splendid and spacious (e.g. Kwasówka, Sokółka, Dąbrowa, Odelsk). Roofs of wooden churches were usually covered in wooden tiles; they were decorated with little towers with crosses. However, churches of average and even small size dominated in the deanery, most of them were hardly restored after the occupation, robberies by the Russian army and arsons. Visitators demanded to reconstruct the churches, to repair the altars, to install ciboria for proper holding of the Blessed Sacrament, liturgical material, etc. Four of the reconstructed churches were consecrated by titular bishop of Gratianopoli Nicolaus Słupski during his visitation in 1674. [...]
Internet: https://eltalpykla.vdu.lt/1/32921
https://www.vdu.lt/cris/bitstream/20.500.12259/32921/1/ISSN2335-8785_2013_N_46_74.PG_49_68.pdf
https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/32921
http://dx.doi.org/10.7220/1392-7450.46(74).4
Affiliation(s): Humanitarinių mokslų fakultetas
Istorijos katedra
Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas
Appears in Collections:SOTER: religijos mokslo žurnalas / SOTER: Journal of Religious Science 2013, nr. 46(74)
Universiteto mokslo publikacijos / University Research Publications

Files in This Item:
marc.xml10.04 kBXMLView/Open

MARC21 XML metadata

Show full item record

Page view(s)

46
checked on Aug 17, 2019

Download(s)

38
checked on Aug 17, 2019

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.