Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/32891
Type of publication: research article
Type of publication (PDB): Straipsnis kitose duomenų bazėse / Article in other databases (S4)
Field of Science: Istorija ir archeologija / History and archaeology (H005)
Author(s): Puidokienė, Inga
Title: Kauno evangelikų liuteronų parapija 1919–1953 m
Other Title: The parish of Kaunas Evangelical Lutherans in 1919–1953
Is part of: Soter : religijos mokslo žurnalas. Kaunas : Vytauto Didžiojo universiteto leidykla, 46 (2013)
Extent: p. 69-82
Date: 2013
Keywords: Evangelikai liuteronai;Konfliktas;Protestantų Bažnyčia;Kaunas;Bendruomenė;Evangelicals Lutherans;Conflict;Protestant Church;Kaunas;Community
Abstract: Straipsnyje analizuojamas Kauno evangelikų liuteronų parapijos gyvenimas 1919–1953 m. Taip pat apžvelgiamas parapijos įkūrimas ir gyvenimas iki 1919 m. Analizuojami Kauno evangelikų liuteronų santykiai su valstybe. Pagrindinis dėmesys skiriamas lietuvių ir vokiečių santykių raiškai
In 1919–1953, the Evangelical Lutheran church of Kaunas Germans was an integral part of Kaunas community life. The Evangelical Lutheran church, being the dominant German religion, was especially important for local Germans. According to the census of 17 September 1923, 5759 Evangelical Lutherans lived in Kaunas County; they constituted approximately 3,01 percent of total Kaunas county residents. More than half of Evangelical Lutherans were of German nationality (i.e. 2975 people). The research revealed that in 1919–1953 Kaunas Evangelical Lutheran church was equally important for Lithuanians. In the 20th century, the number of Lithuanian Evangelical Lutherans considerably increased. The struggle for domination and leadership in the church caused conflicts between German and Lithuanian communities. The conflict between Lithuanian and German Evangelical Lutherans started after the First General Evangelical Lutheran Synod in the independent Lithuania. The two groups, based on nationalistic elements, strived for the domination in Evangelical Lutheran church. The conflict prolonged until mid-1930s. During the conflict two separate Evangelical Lutheran parishes (Lithuanian and German) operated in Kaunas. The Lithuanian Government issued a legal act joining the parishes. At the beginning it was hard for both groups to cooperate jointly, but in 1936–1939 the cooperation can be assessed as close. Though, this period was quite short, it gave nevertheless a lot of benefits for spiritual and material condition of the parish. After the repatriation in Spring 1941, Kaunas Evangelical Lutheran parish was operational for more than a decade, but on 29 March 1953 Soviet government finally shut down the parish
Internet: https://www.vdu.lt/cris/bitstream/20.500.12259/32891/1/ISSN2335-8785_2013_N_46_74.PG_69_82.pdf
https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/32891
http://dx.doi.org/10.7220/1392-7450.46(74).5
Affiliation(s): Istorijos katedra
Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas
Appears in Collections:SOTER: religijos mokslo žurnalas / SOTER: Journal of Religious Science 2013, nr. 46(74)
Universiteto mokslo publikacijos / University Research Publications

Files in This Item:
Show full item record
Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats
Export to Other Non-XML Formats


CORE Recommender

Page view(s)

52
checked on Jun 6, 2021

Download(s)

96
checked on Jun 6, 2021

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.