Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/88382
Type of publication: Straipsnis kitose duomenų bazėse / Article in other databases (S4)
Field of Science: Aplinkos inžinerija / Environmental engineering (T004)
Author(s): Sinkevičiūtė, Vilma;Januškevičiūtė, Indrė
Title: Problems of abandoned buildings use in Kaunas city
Is part of: Baltic surveying : international scientific journal / Aleksandras Stulginskis university, Estonian university of life sciences, Latvia university of agriculture. , 2015, vol. 2
Extent: p. 29–34
Date: 2015
Keywords: Abandoned building;Deelict building;Land plot
Abstract: Economic and social problems and emerged threat to human life are the main reasons for abandonment of buildings or even the whole cities in different countries. Mainly abandoned buildings are found in the USA and in the countries of the former Soviet Union. Abandoned buildings in Kaunas city are analysed in the article; their condition is assessed and the ways for handling are proposed. The legal status and the purpose of use of abandoned buildings in Kaunas city are also defined. There are 46 abandoned buildings in Kaunas city. The majority of them are located in Šančiai neighbourhood, but the least amount – in Vilijampolė and Gričiupis neighbourhoods. As regards the purpose of the use, 85 percent of abandoned buildings in Kaunas city are attributed to non-residential buildings, and 44 percent of them are former industrial buildings. Due to the condition of constructions, threat to people and environment, as well as visual appearance, the state of 72 percent of abandoned buildings is poor. 52 percent of abandoned buildings are ascribed to be demolished, while the remaining 48 percent of buildings could be repaired or renovated
Internet: 
Affiliation(s): Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas
Žemės ūkio akademija
Appears in Collections:Universiteto mokslo publikacijos / University Research Publications

Files in This Item:
marc.xml6.3 kBXMLView/Open

MARC21 XML metadata

Show full item record
Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats
Export to Other Non-XML Formats


CORE Recommender

Page view(s)

50
checked on Feb 10, 2020

Download(s)

10
checked on Feb 10, 2020

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.