Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/84252
Type of publication: Straipsnis Clarivate Analytics Web of Science Master Journal List / Article in Clarivate Analytics Web of Science Master Journal List (S2)
Field of Science: Miškotyra / Forestry (A004)
Author(s): Vaitkevičiūtė, Rasa;Brazaitis, Gediminas;Šepetienė, Janina
Title: Dendrological and recreational values of Arlaviškės juniper formation
Is part of: Acta biologica universitatis Daugavpiliensis. , Vol. 11, No.2 (2011)
Extent: p. 126-133
Date: 2011
Keywords: Juniperformations;State;Recreational value;Average density;Introduced species
Abstract: Dendrological and recreational values of Arlaviškės juniper formation are being investigated in the study. For recreational values, method of questionnaire was used. Totally, 100 questionnaires were filled by visitors of the site. Arlaviskes juniper formation is positively valued by visitors because of quality of view (33.5%), attractive walking (27.7%) and convenient arrival (11.1%). According to responses, more walking paths are needed in the site (11 %), better forest furnishing (19%), waste management (28%), and management of the stand (19%). For evaluation of dendrological status, 20 study plots, each of 400 m2 were studied in the formation. In each plot all juniper {Juniperus communis) as well as other arboreal species were evaluated and characterized by their shape (a tree or shrub), diameter, height, age and health status. In 2008 the average parameters of juniper formation were D =10.1 cm, H = 6.5 m, A = 55 years. The average density of juniper formation was 1232 units/ha and majority of junipers constitute the indigenous "bush" form of juniper (68%), the remaining 32% - "tree" form. The juniper formation consists of healthy individuals (10.8%), various levels of damaged (68.7%) and dead (20.5%). The main causes of damaged junipers: too high density of individuals within the group and the interaction between individuals (37.7%), various felling (46%), branches of makeup (11.1 %), juniper disease (4.2%). In juniper formation were identified 22 arboreal species: 7 introduced, and 15 native. These shrubs and trees had average density of 33159 units/ha. The largest prevalence was of alien species (76.7%). The status of juniper formation deteriorated within 10 years, the status index changed from 2.9 to 3.2. Within 10 years the number of healthy junipers decreased and the number of average damaged plants increased
Internet: https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/84252
Affiliation(s): Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas
Žemės ūkio akademija
Appears in Collections:Universiteto mokslo publikacijos / University Research Publications

Files in This Item:
marc.xml7.54 kBXMLView/Open

MARC21 XML metadata

Show full item record
Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats
Export to Other Non-XML Formats


CORE Recommender

Page view(s)

74
checked on Sep 7, 2020

Download(s)

12
checked on Sep 7, 2020

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.