Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/46127
Type of publication: Straipsnis Clarivate Analytics Web of Science ar/ir Scopus / Article in Clarivate Analytics Web of Science or / and Scopus (S1)
Field of Science: Teologija / Theology (H002)
Author(s): Žemaitis, Kęstutis
Title: Kunigų administracinis darbas ir pastoracinė veikla (Šumske) Šunskuose
Other Title: Priests' administrative and pastoral work in (Sumsk) Sunskai
Is part of: LOGOS. Vilnius : Visuomeninė organizacija "LOGOS", 52 (2007)
Extent: p. 174-186
Date: 2007
Keywords: Bažnyčios statybos;Inventorius;Šunskai;Kunigai;Administracinis darbas;Pastoracinė veikla;Constructions of the church;Inventory;Sunskai;Priests;Administrative work;Pastoral work
Abstract: The first church in Sunskai (called Sumska and Sumskai until the beginning of XX century) was built in 1795. The building of this first church was the main reason for an active religious and public life in the area. The building process itself called for the solidarity of the people and made an impact on forming the leadership in the region. With the guidance of the same leadership of the people the school and the trading activities come into existence. The builder of the church was Stanislovas Stadalnykas, wh was assigned here by the bishop of Vilnius. S. Stadalnykas' assignment was from 1795 to 1814. During this time the church and the rectory was built under his guidance. Around 1803 another parish building which was designated to accommodate another priest was erected by the management of father Stadalnykas. This fact testifies that the parish community increased in size. Sunskai at that time was a filial church of Vilkaviskis parish. The priests who worked here were administrators on behaved of Vilkaviskis pastoi. The names and serving times of such priests are: Anupras Cerskis 1814-1819, Martynas Sinkevicius 1819-1825, Severinas Jekelaitis 1826-1837, Jonas Burdulevicius l837-1838, Vincas Bebrinykas 1838-1859 and Jurgis Kudirka 1859-1868 who was assigned the special task of building the new church. The inventory book of the church and parish is well kept and holds many notes on liturgies vestments, liturgical books, data on administration of the sacraments, various things in the rectory, land and cemetery. The inscription on the church stone testifies that the new church was finished in 1866. The new church was built where the former sanctuary and the cemetery used to be. The new church which holds the title of St. Mary of Magdala was consecrated in 1867 on 24 of September by the bishop of Seinai Irenij Konstantin Liubenski. The church was beautifully built and decorated, equipped with liturgical and other necessary tools.[...]
Internet: http://litlogos.eu/L52/logos52_p_174_186_zemaitis.pdf
http://litlogos.eu/L52/logos52_p_174_186_zemaitis.pdf
Affiliation(s): Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas
Appears in Collections:Universiteto mokslo publikacijos / University Research Publications

Files in This Item:
marc.xml10.71 kBXMLView/Open

MARC21 XML metadata

Show full item record

Page view(s)

146
checked on Feb 2, 2020

Download(s)

12
checked on Feb 2, 2020

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.