Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/418
Type of publication: Straipsnis / Article
Author(s): Lignugarienė, Asta
Title: Lietuvos universiteto Medicinos fakulteto klinikinių katedrų studijų bazių problemos XX a. 3 dešimtmetyje
Other Title: Problems of base hospitals for clinical departments of the faculty of Medicine of the University of Lithuania in the 1920s
Is part of: Kauno istorijos metraštis, 2015, nr. 15, p. 113-129
Date: 2015
Keywords: Medicinos studijų istorija;Lietuvos universiteto Medicinos fakultetas;History of medical education;Faculty of Medicine University of Lithuania
Abstract: Lietuvos universiteto Medicinos fakulteto klinikinės katedros neturėjo savo materialinės bazės. Tiriamuoju laikotarpiu jų darbo sąlygos buvo pakankamai sudėtingos. Šio tyrimo tikslas – atskleisti klinikinių katedrų įsikūrimo bazinėse ligoninėse sunkumus, išryškinti fakulteto administracijos veiksmus bendradarbiaujant su valstybės institucijomis ir visuomeninėmis organizacijomis. Klinikinės Akušerijos ir ginekologijos bei Akių ligų katedros įsikūrė Lietuvos Raudonojo Kryžiaus draugijos ligoninėje 1922 m. rudenį. 1923 m. Medicinos fakultetas sudarė teisinę sutartį su Lietuvos Raudonojo Kryžiaus draugija, kuri reglamentavo abiejų katedrų gydomąją veiklą Lietuvos Raudonojo Kryžiaus draugijos ligoninėje. Lietuvos Raudonojo kryžiaus draugija XX a. 3 dešimtmetyje padėjo gerokai pagerinti Akušerijos ir ginekologijos klinikos materialinę bazę. Akių ligų klinika veikė prastesnėmis sąlygomis, bet 1930 m. ji buvo perkelta į naujas patalpas. 1922 m. trys klinikinės katedros įsikūrė Kauno valstybinėje ligoninėje: Operacinės chirurgijos ir topografinės anatomijos, Įvado į vidaus mediciną bei Odos ir venerinių ligų. 1923 m. į Kauno valstybinę ligoninę atsikraustė ir Vidaus ligų katedra ir klinika. Ligoninė buvo atnaujinta, bet vis tiek trūko patalpų, todėl stacionaro skyriai buvo nuolat perpildyti. 1924 m. Vaikų ligų katedra ir klinika įsikūrė Valstybinėje vaikų ligoninėje, nors joje trūko patalpų ir nebuvo kur įsteigti Chirurgijos ir Užkrečiamų ligų skyrių. Abi šios valstybinės ligoninės priklausė Vidaus reikalų ministerijos Sveikatos departamentui. Bendradarbiavimas su šia institucija tiriamuoju laikotarpiu, tvarkant klinikų patalpų reikalus ir problemas, vyko gana sėkmingai. Vis tik fakulteto administracijos bendradarbiavimas su Krašto apsaugos ministerija nebuvo toks sėkmingas. Medicinos fakultetui nepavyko sudaryti sutarties su Krašto apsaugos ministerijos Sanitarijos skyriumi dėl Vidaus ligų katedros ir klinikos veiklos. Odos ir venerinių ligų klinika labai trumpai veikė Karo ligoninėje dėl kilusių nesutarimų tarp katedros vedėjo prof. J. Karužos ir ligoninės personalo. Karo ligoninėje iki 1930 m. veikė Ausų, nosies ir gerklės ligų klinika, o ilgesnį laiką joje dirbo Nervų ir psichikos ligų klinikinė katedra.
Clinical departments of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lithuania did not have their own material facilities. Their working conditions during the period of investigation were rather difficult. The aim of the present investigation is to reveal the circumstances of establishing clinical departments in base hospitals and to highlight the actions of the faculty administration in collaboration with state institutions and community-based organizations. The Department and Clinic of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Department and Clinic of Ophthalmology were founded within the Lithuanian Red Cross Society Hospital in the autumn of 1922. In 1923, the Faculty of Medicine made a legal agreement with the Lithuanian Red Cross Society that set the specification of clinical activities of both departments at the Lithuanian Red Cross Society Hospital. The Lithuanian Red Cross Society helped to improve the material facilities of the Clinic of Obstetrics and Gynecology during the 1920s. The Clinic of Ophthalmology operated in poorer conditions during the period, but in 1930 it moved to a new building. Three clinical departments were established in Kaunas State Hospital in 1922: Operational Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Propaedeutics to Internal Medicine, and Skin and Venereal Diseases. In 1923, the Department and Clinic of Internal Diseases also moved to Kaunas State Hospital. The hospital was renovated, but it had insufficient premises; therefore, the inpatient units were overcrowded. In 1924, the Department and Clinic of Pediatric Diseases settled in the Children State Hospital, even though it lacked premises and there was no space to establish the Department of Surgery and Communicable Diseases. Both these state hospitals belonged to the Health Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. During the period under the present investigation, the collaboration with this institution was quite successful in terms of dealing with the problems related to the premises of the Clinics. However, communication with the Ministry of National Defence was not successful. The Faculty of Medicine failed to make an agreement with the Sanitary Department of the Ministry of National Defense, concerning the Department and Clinic of Internal Diseases. The Department of Skin and Venereal Diseases operated in the Military Hospital for a short time because of the controversy between the head of the department prof. J. Karuža and the staff of the Military Hospital. The Military Hospital hosted the Department and the Clinic of Otorhinolaryngology until 1930 and the Department Nervous and Psychiatric Diseases for a longer period.
Internet: https://eltalpykla.vdu.lt/1/418
https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/418
Appears in Collections:Kauno istorijos metraštis 2015, nr. 15

Files in This Item:
ISSN2335-8734_2015_N_15.PG_113-129.pdf1.69 MBAdobe PDFView/Open

Laisvai prieinamas internete

Show full item record
Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats
Export to Other Non-XML Formats


CORE Recommender

Page view(s)

25
checked on Jun 6, 2021

Download(s)

59
checked on Jun 6, 2021

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.