Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12259/101017
Type of publication: Straipsnis Clarivate Analytics Web of Science Master Journal List / Article in Clarivate Analytics Web of Science Master Journal List (S2)
Field of Science: Aplinkos inžinerija / Environmental engineering (T004)
Author(s): Šimunic, Ivan;Likso, Tanja;Miseckaitė, Otilija;Orlovic-Leko, Palma;Ciglenečki, Irena;Spalević, Velibor
Title: Climate changes and soil water regime
Is part of: Agriculture & Forestry. Podgorica : Univerzitet Crne Gore, 2019, vol. 65, no. 3
Extent: p. 5-18
Date: 2019
Keywords: Climate changes;Soil water deficit;Dry season duration
Abstract: The research objective was to determine the duration of dry season based on the frequency of precipitation occurrence both upon 25% (Fa=25%) and 50% (Fa=50%) probability, respectively, for three major climate regions in Croatia (Mediterranean, moutainous and continental). In the Mediterranean region, soil water deficit was 246 mm upon 25% probability of precipitation occurrence. Upon 50% probability of precipitation occurrence, soil water deficit was lower, standing at 191 mm. In both cases, soil water deficit was determined during the summer months and it lasted for three months. In the mountainous region, there was a slight soil moisture deficit, which was 32 mm upon 25% probability of precipitation occurrence and 22 mm upon 50% probability of precipitation occurrence. Soil moisture deficit was determined in July or August. In the continental region, upon 25% probability of precipitation occurrence, soil moisture deficit was 230 mm and the dryness lasted for four months during the summer period, while upon 50% probability of precipitation occurrence, soil moisture deficit was 82 mm. Soil moisture deficit lasted for two months in the summer period (July and August). Higher soil water deficit with longer duration could be predicted in the future against the backdrop of the trend of increasing average annual air temperature in all the regions
Internet: http://www.agricultforest.ac.me/data/20190930-01%20Simunic%20et%20al.pdf
Affiliation(s): Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas
Appears in Collections:Universiteto mokslo publikacijos / University Research Publications

Files in This Item:
marc.xml6.18 kBXMLView/Open

MARC21 XML metadata

Show full item record
Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats
Export to Other Non-XML Formats

Page view(s)

22
checked on Feb 10, 2020

Download(s)

6
checked on Feb 10, 2020

Google ScholarTM

Check

Altmetric


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.