The government of Lithuania and the country’s Ministry of Education and Science have signed international collaboration agreements in the fields of culture, education, science and sports with over 30 countries.
State scholarships for studies and research internships according to the Academic Exchange programme are offered for Vytautas Magnus University students if they plan to travel to the following countries:
- Belgium (Flemish and Walloon regions)
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
The academic exchange programmes with Japan and the Swiss Confederation are renewed every year.
The possibility to participate in competitions for part-time studies and scientific internships is provided for representatives of various fields of studies and research.
Competitions are announced once a year, usually at the beginning or end of the calendar year. Full-time BA students (second year and later) as well as MA, PhD students, lecturers and researchers at Lithuanian science and studying institutions may participate in the competitions.
- motives and goals for studies or research internship abroad
- the acquired education, results of studies, research or pedagogic activities
- good command of the foreign language.
Competition takes place in two stages:
- Stage 1: the International Studies Commission talks with the candidates and (or) analyzes the presented documents in order to recommend candidates to the foreign country&rsquos coordinators
- Stage 2: the institution coordinating the agreement with the foreign country or the exchange programme makes the final decision after consulting the accepting institution of research and studies.
Types of funding:
- accommodation scholarship is awarded
- studying is available for free
- health insurance expenses are covered
- travel (by bus, train, plane) expenses are covered, both to and from the location of the studies or research internship.
Monthly scholarship size
- 12 MGL (minimum standards of living) – for full-time and ingrated studies’ students
- 15 MGL – for graduate studies’ students
- 20 MGL – for postgraduate studies’ students
- 30 MGL – for the employees and lecturers of research and studies’ institutions
More information about the competitions is available on the website of the Education Exchanges Support Foundation (EESF).
Education Exchanges Support Foundation
Higher Education Programs Division
Geležinio Vilko St 12, LT-01112 Vilnius
Phone +370 5 249 8189
Fax +370 5 249 7137