VMU to Hold Summer School on Citizen Networks and Russian-European Relations (Updated)
From 31July to 7 August, Vytautas Magnus University is holding the Higher School’s of Economics (HSE) 11th interdisciplinary research project Baltic Practice. The topic of this year’s Summer School is Russian-Europe Partnership: Citizen Networks Bridging Europe.
The preliminary research topics are grouped into the following categories (updated):
1. Local Governance (Oksana Chernenko, Gerhard Ermischer)
2. Democratic development and Global Democracy (Dmitriy Zaytcev, Simon Matthijssen) (workgroup’s research work plan)
3. Network Economy and Network Politics (Aleksey Skopin, Vladimir Kozlow);
4. Human Rights Networks. Culture of a Civil Solidarity (Marco Balboni, Cyril Ritchie);
5. Soft Law: Regulation and Self-regulation (Yury Fogelson);
6. Europe Cultural Landscape. Photography. Cultural Networks (Shota Kakabadze, Leonidas Donskis).
The applicants of the Summer School are requested to indicate their name, university, field of study, the research group they are interested in with suggestions for the research topic and an essay of 3 pages, which should be sent to email@example.com until 10th of June (deadline extended).
The organizers also welcome suggestions for a new research group aside from aforementioned ones. Suggestions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details and up-to-date information can be found on the website of Baltic Practice.
Contact phone number: 7 (495) 621-70-38, 8-985-113-36-90 (Tatiana Skalon).