VMU Participated in Higher Education Fair in Georgia
On 15–16 February, Vytautas Magnus University and 9 other higher education institutions from Lithuania as well as the Education Exchanges Support Foundation (EESF) participated in the International Education Fair in Tbilisi (Georgia), where they introduced studies in Lithuania.
The participants of this higher education exhibition included about 40 Georgian and over 40 foreign institutions from 11 countries (Czech Republic, Great Britain, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Poland, Lithuania, Malaysia, Russia, Hungary, Germany). The exhibition was attended by over 6000 people, most of whom were students aged between 19 and 22.
The greatest attention in studies at VMU was received by the following programmes which are currently available in English at the university: International Politics and Development Studies (BA), Diplomacy and International Relations (MA) and Contemporary European Politics (MA) at the Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy; Finance and Banking (MA) and Marketing and International Commerce (MA) at the Faculty of Economics and Management. The most popular undergraduate (bachelor) study fields were political sciences, engineering and architecture, while at the master level, the most popular ones were political sciences, law, management, business, engineering and psychology.
On 16 October 2012, the Lithuanian Centre was opened at the Georgian Technical University, where one representative of VMU also paid a visit. Currently there are 38 Georgian students learning Lithuanian at the centre. According to the head of the Lithuanian Centre Vidas Kavaliauskas, the interest in the Lithuanian language and culture keeps growing, while the doors of the centre are open to students of all universities in Georgia. The courses of the Lithuanian language are free of charge, they are funded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania. Students of Lithuanian language pleasantly surprised the representatives of Lithuanian universities by singing a song by Kipras Mašanauskas, „Kokia nuostabi, Lietuva, esi“ (How Wonderful You Are, Lithuania).
Study Opportunities for VMU Students from Georgia
- 6 bachelor and 19 master degree programmes in English
- Opportunity to study as free mover
- Exchange studies according to the bilateral exchange agreement between VMU and the Tbilisi State University.
- Lithuanian Language and Culture Summer Course (EILC), 22 July 2013 – 16 August 2013.
Scholarship Opportunities for Students, Lecturers, Researchers from Georgia
- VMU Golden or Silver Award for master studies in English
- State Scholarships by the Ministry of Education and Science of Lithuania (MES) for master degree studies
- MES scholarships for short-term (5 to 10 months) Lithuanian (Baltic) studies
- MES scholarships for Lithuanian Language and Culture Summer Course