How to manage time?
On 22 February, 4.15-5.15 p.m., at VMU (K. Donelaičio st. 52, Room 521) a free-of-charge seminar to students will be held, entitled Time Management – You in University and Elsewhere, which will analyze issues of time management and search for the best methods of solving them.
The seminar will focus on what “steals” time the most, 5 methods of prolonging the day, and how to set priorities and plan one’s work.
• Managing time = managing yourself, it is all about your behavior;
• Focusing on most important task, the one that brings most results, examples of doing “busy work”;
• Balance is appropriate time spent on priorities. Because all of the activities do not need the same amount of time. For example, for physical activities 30 min in a day is enough, but your term paper in school or working in student council on a project 30 min is not enough if you want good results;
• Story about rocks, pebbels, sand and water, new factor – what is sigificant now;
• You multiply your time by spending time on things today that will give you more time (AND RESULTS) tomorrow;
• Teaching using calendar (online and paper), to do list and priorities;
• Bonus material – quick tips on using emails, Facebook etc. They can be time eaters if you don’t have rules of using them properly;
VMU Career Centre ensures that the event is especially useful to those who constantly run out of time: it will explain where it “disappears” and what to do to make it sufficient for both studies and spare time.