Erasmus+ staff mobility for teaching
The aim of Erasmus+ programme is to strengthen cooperation with European countries in the higher education sphere and by doing so contribute to improving quality of department of human resources for other countries participating in the programme. This programme provides perfect opportunities for the academic staff to create international relations, encourages the current study programmes and development of new study programmes and spread, intense study programmes, organising theme nets.
Erasmus+ programme has expanded since 2015 and the university personnel gained a new opportunity to go on teaching visits to Programme Countries such as the EU countries, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Macedonia and Turkey, as well as other Partner Countries of the world.
Selection at VMU
|Programme countries||Partner countries|
|Participating countries||28 EU countries, Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Turkey and Macedonia.||West Balkan, partners from the East, Federation of Russia, South Mediterranean, Asian, Latin-American, African, Caribbean, the Pacific Ocean and other countries.|
|Application for Erasmus+ teaching visits is possible for||Everyone from VMU academic personnel. Citizens of Third World Countries who want to take part in the contest must be employees at VMU and have a temporary or permanent residence permit in Republic of Lithuania.|
|VMU employees are allowed to go on teaching visits||To any Erasmus+ Programme Country except for Lithuania and country of residence.||To any Erasmus+ Partner Country, except for Lithuania and the country of residence.|
|To foreign institutions with whom the academic department has signed an Erasmus+ programme cooperation agreement which is indicated in the Erasmus+ agreement as shown in the study section. Erasmus+ Partner Country list.||To foreign institutions which are noted in the contest announcement. However, the academic department has to have signed an Erasmus+ programme agreement for cooperation as noted in the Erasmus+ agreement in the study section.|
|Selection for Erasmus+ teaching visits is being held||On decentralised basis||On centralised basis||On centralised basis|
|When to apply?||When the contest is announced||Whole year||When the contest is announced|
|When a contest for selection is announced||Fill out a Staff mobility for teaching mobility agreement and submit it to the coordinator of the faculty.||Fill out a Staff mobility for teaching mobility agreement and submit it to the coordinator at the International Cooperation Department.|
|Until when to apply?||As stated in the selection announcement.||Until the last day of every month.||As stated in the selection announcement.|
|When the results are announced?||Results are announced when the selection is complete.||Until 10th day of the month.||Results are announced when the selection is complete.|
|Application documents||Staff mobility for teaching mobility agreement|
|Who performs the selection?||Commission selected by the faculty Dean||Commission selected by the Rector|
|What are the requirements for teaching visits?||The visit must not last shorter than 2 days without travelling days and no shorter than 6 days with travelling days. Teaching time must not be shorter than 8 academic hours (amount of time is indicated in Erasmus+ bilateral agreement; if precise amount of time is not indicated then the amount of time must not exceed 8 academic hours).||The visit must not last shorter than 2 days without travelling days and no shorter than 14 days with travelling days. Teaching visit must not exceed 7 days with travelling days; amount of time must not shorter than 8 hours. If the teaching visits last from 8 to 14 days with travelling days then the teaching time must not be shorter than 16 hours.||The visit must not last shorter than 5 days without travelling days and no shorter than 14 days with travelling days. Teaching visit must not exceed 7 days with travelling days; amount of time must not shorter than 8 hours. If the teaching visits last from 8 to 14 days with travelling days then the teaching time must not be shorter than 16 hours.|
|What is highly prioritised in selection?||
Selection at foreign industries / organisations
Faculties are provided with the opportunity to invite employees from foreign industries / organisations for teaching visits. The number of employees from industries / organisations for visits is negotiated with the International Cooperation Department. Selection is held on the suggested study programme basis. The contest for these positions continues until 1 March; selection is held when a signature from the representative of the industry is received (teaching programme). Visits of industry employees are confirmed by the Dean of faculty and on the suggested study programme basis.
- Arrange with accepting Science and Study Institution (MSI):
- date and duration of a secondment;
- staff mobility for teaching mobility.
Provide the time period of the mobility in the agreement:
- Planned period of the teaching activity. Indicate the time period of the teaching activity;
- Duration (days) – excluding travel days. Indicate the number of days you will be teaching without travelling days;
- Additional day for travel needed directly before the first day of the activity abroad and Additional day for travel needed directly following the last day of the activity abroad. These sections are marked only if additional days are required for the trip. No teaching on traveling day.
- When you have your trip dates planned and receive the signed mobility agreement:
- fill out an application for a secondment for the Rector (application is verified by the head of the cathedral or the authorised person). Submit your application for a secondment and the mobility agreement to the International Cooperation Department before purchasing a travelling ticket;
- when you receive the order for a secondment confirmed by the Rector from the Human Resources and Legal Department, the coordinator will prepare a Financial agreement that you have to sign before the beginning of your visit.
- If you are not insured, we suggest you:
- to get an insurance;
- to apply for a European Health Insurance Card. This card is issued free of charge. It can be obtained in Kaunas Territorial Patient Fund (Aukštaičių str 10, tel.: +370 37 20 88 46). For more information visit Kaunas Territorial Patient Fund website. If you already have this card, please check the expiration date.
- Go to the International Cooperation Department to take the information package provided for you to introduce the university for the Science and Study Institution (MSI) partner right before you leave for your Erasmus+ teaching visit.
Two types of expenditures are compensated for the leaving personnel of VMU:
- Subsistence expenses
|Programme countries||Amount of money granted per day|
|Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Sweden, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway||153,00 EUR|
|Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Netherlands, Malta, Portugal||136,00 EUR|
|Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Turkey||119,00 EUR|
|Partner countries||160,00 EUR|
*Partial or full funding is granted by the accepting institution in Switzerland; the difference may be compensated by VMU Erasmus+ programme funding received from State Budget.
- Travelling expenses
Travelling distance* is calculated by a distance calculator provided in the European Commission website.
|Distance of the trip||Granted amount of money|
|From 100 up to 499 km||180,00 EUR|
|From 500 up to 1999 km||275,00 EUR|
|From 2000 up to 2999 km||360,00 EUR|
|From 3000 up to 3999 km||530,00 EUR|
|From 4000 up to 7999 km||820,00 EUR|
|8000 km and more||1.100,00 EUR|
NOTE! “Distance of the trip” describes distance from country of residence (VMU, Kaunas) to location of activity; “Granted amount of money” cover funding for the trip back and forth.
An advance payment covers 70 % of the secondment expenses and is paid 30 days after having signed the grant-in-aid agreement if the employee submits the application for a secondment and Learning programme 30 days or more prior the planned visit.
The employee must settle matters by submitting the following documents (see section “Arrangement of teaching visits”) having returned form the visit. The employee will receive the remaining 30% of advance payment no later than within the 45 days after the final settlement.
In 3 days after the visit, submit the following to the International Cooperation Department:
- Certificate of attendance signed by the Science and Study Institution (MSI) representative from foreign country indicating:
- Duration of teaching visit with travelling days;
- Duration of teaching visit without travelling days;
- Amount of teaching hours;
- Indicates that the purpose of the visit is related to Erasmus+ programme.
- Report of the staff mobility for teaching mobility (information about the report will be sent to your e-mail).
- Travel documents (flight / bus / train tickets and etc).
- Submit a filled out application to the Financial Service and a signed license of a secondment.
Only having fully settled for the teaching visit with the International Cooperation Department and the Financial Service of VMU, the participant will receive the remaining 30 % of the secondment.
For more information contact International Cooperation Department:
|Erasmus+ with Partner countries|
|Telephone (8 37) 327 981|
|Faculties of Economics and Management, Social Sciences, Law, Political Science and Diplomacy
|Telephone (8 37) 327 988|
|Faculties of Humanities, Catholic Theology, Natural Sciences, Informatics, Arts, Music Academy
|Telephone (8 37) 327 988|