The aim of the Applied Biotechnology study program is to – prepare specialists with high quality and up-to-date training in a highly interdisciplinary field of Applied biotechnology with a focus (specializations) on Plant (Horticulture, Agriculture and Forest) Biotechnology and Innovative Bioelectrotechnologies, who would be able developing new products and technologies, work in positions with high levels of responsibility in research and educational institutions and industry, related to biotechnology, biomedicine, and food industry, as well as pursue their studies at the doctoral level.
Graduates of the programme will be able:
- Demonstrate ability to work as an individual and as a member of a team in the laboratory or the company and the ability to lead the team.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively on biotechnology projects involving typical business timelines.
- Demonstrate ability to use innovative approaches in solving biotechnological problems and the implementation of solutions.
- Apply molecular, celular, biotechnological methods needed to carry out projects in plant and forest biotechnology or innovative bioelectrotechnologies.
- Demonstrate ability and skills of experimental work with biologically active and labile substances - proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, lipids, carbohydrates, safe handling of chemicals and instruments, skills of standard laboratory procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and conduct analytical, simulation and experimental research on analyzing or solving a particular biotechnology problem.
- Demonstrate and categorize molecular, cellular and biotechnological knowledge to design biotechnological systems, processes, and their elements.
- Demonstrate and operate of the core principles, methods and methodologies underlying current biotechnological research.
- Distinguish and analyze principles and problems of plant, forest, agriculture or bioelectrotechnologies and be able to use this knowledge in research and development work.
The programme provides graduates with several general areas :
- Biomedical Equipment Technician
- Biomedical Instrumentation Technician
- Clinical Laboratory Technician
- Forensic Technician
- Laboratory Aide
- Laboratory Technician
- Medical Appliance Technician
- Manufacturing Representative
- Medical Technologist
- Ophthalmic Laboratory Technician
- Pharmaceutical Technician
- Pharmacy Aide
- Product Promoter
- Quality Control Inspector
- Radiological Technician
- Research Manager
|Faculty of Natural Sciences (inquiries regarding study programme)|
|Vice Dean of the faculty of Natural Sciences Mr Vykintas Baublys, Vykintas.Baublys@vdu.lt|
|Address Vileikos g. 8 – 212, LT-44404 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|International Cooperation Department (inquiries regarding application and admission)|
|Visiting Address V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 211, LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania|
|Mailing Address K. Donelaičio g. 58, LT-44248 Kaunas, Lithuania|