Culture and Language integrated English, Russian or German Summer/Winter Course CLUE
Why CLUE courses?
- improve your foreign language competence
- develop cross-cultural communication and ICT skills
- plunge into multicultural learning environment
- enjoy international cultural programme activities
- get a certificate of the achievement of your learning outcomes
What do CLUE summer/winter courses provide?
- Culture and Language Integrated English A1, A2 and B1 (A1 and A2 can be delivered through the medium of Russian)
- Culture and Language Integrated Academic English B2
- German and Russian through the medium of English (Levels A1-B2)
Note: all language courses will be delivered through the medium of English.
How are CLUE summer/winter courses composed?
In total: 80 academic hours | 3 ECTS (summer course); 160 academic hours | 6 ECTS (winter course)
Certificate is issued upon completing not less than 90% of the course work and passing the tests.
Summer session: 7–20 August, 2016
Languages: English and German
80 academic hours/ 3 ECTS/ 8-14 students in a group:
- 60 academic hours of class-work and progress monitoring, language use in digital and socio-cultural contexts, midterm and final tests
- 20 academic hours of self-study
Winter session (virtual courses*): 16 weeks (January – April, 2017)
160 academic hours/ 6 ECTS/ 8-14 students in a group:
Languages: English, German and Russian
- 60 academic hours of class-work in a video-conferencing virtual room, progress monitoring, midterm and final tests
- 15 academic hours of individual activities in virtual Moodle platform
- 85 academic hours of self-study
*What do virtual CLUE courses provide?
In a virtual CLUE course you will be :
- learning a language in a Video-conferencing virtual room: 2 x 2 ac. hours a week;
- connecting with the teacher and the rest of the group and participating in face-to-face classwork;
- enrolled in a course on a Moodle platform to do interactive exercises, watch the videos and carry out personal and group activities in forums and wikis: 2 to 3 ac. hours a week.
What technical means do I need?
- a computer, an internet connection, headphones, a microphone and a webcam.
How to enroll into CLUE courses?
- fill in the application form
- attach your CV, motivation letter, any proof of language proficiency and a scanned copy of your ID or passport
- send the application documents to Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) Institute of Foreign Languages: email@example.com.
What social events will you enjoy with CLUE?
In addition to learning English, German or Russian, CLUE summer/winter school will engage you in versatile cultural activities including lectures about Lithuania, its culture and people. You will also enjoy participation in culture nights, international parties and film screenings. As extracurricular activities, CLUE will offer you possibilities to visit places of Lithuanian historical and cultural significance such as Vilnius, Kaunas, Trakai and other parts of the country. Take this opportunity to discover the beauty and the spirit of Lithuania!
Find your CLUE at VMU!!!
Application deadline for summer session:
1 May, 2016 (for EU citizens)
15 April, 2016 (for non-EU citizens)
- Price: 420 EUR (includes accommodation, tuition, socio-cultural events and excursions)
- Registration fee: 50 EUR (non-refundable, payable upon notification of acceptance)
Application deadline for winter session:
15 November, 2016
- Price: 186,12 EUR for EU citizens; 213.96 EUR for non- EU citizens (tuition)
- Registration fee: 40 EUR (non-refundable, payable upon notification of acceptance)
Note: information about the acceptance to the CLUE will be provided personally to the applicant’s email in 10 days after the application deadline.
Place: Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania
More information about visas: Migration Department under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania