Advices by Kaunas city chief Police office:
- Spend your leisure time with people whom you know and trust.
- Choose a company you trust especially when you drink alcoholic beverages or when you want to leave your belongings to somebody. Do not leave your belongings (such as personal documents, phone, wallet, photo or video cameras) unattended even for a short period.
- Watch your belongings in the crowded spaces, especially in the public transport.
- Take as much money as you need for the going out. Do not take too much at once and keep it in several places.
- Immediately call your bank for blocking your payment card if it was lost or stolen. Do not take your payment card pin code for going out.
- Do not leave clubs / bars with people you do not know.
- Be careful while crossing the street. Use the traffic light or cross the street at the crosswalk. The crosswalk does not give you the priority to cross the street – pay attention if the car is decelerating, especially when the road is slippery. Cross the street quickly without shambling. Wear the reflector during the night time.
- Try to avoid walking in city areas that has poor street lighting. Have a flashlight with you in case you can’t avoid it.
- It is always recommended to take a taxi home if you stay longer at your friend’s place or in the club / bar.
- Cross the street if you have some doubts of being followed. Run to any public or more lightened place and call for the help.
- Do not strain yourself in fighting if you were attacked by the robber. Your life and health are more important than your belongings.
- Immediately call the police if you notice strangely behaving people or become a witness of a made or planned crime, if you are attacked, robbed. Try to memorize the faces, numbers, cars, colours, etc.
IMPORTANT! According to Lithuanian law a person could get an administrative fine for a violation or disturbance of public order. Please, do not forget that:
- It is forbidden to use drugs (marihuana, opium, heroin, hashish, other hallucinogen, synthetic drugs) and other psycho-tropical materials (various solvents, volatile stuff, lenitive and sleeping pills, etc. without the doctor prescription).
- It is not allowed to drink alcohol or to be seen drunk in public places in Lithuania.
- It is forbidden to smoke in the bars and in some public places (pay attention to prohibiting signs)
- It is forbidden to loudly listen to music, shout, insult and assault people, misbehave or disturb public order in other way.
- Quiet hours in Lithuania extend from 10:00 p. m. to 7:00 a. m.
Or simply be careful and respect others!