Application for accommodation
VMU offers different options of accommodation at VMU dormitories:
- Permanent accommodation, for at least one semester (five months) or for the whole academic year (ten months):
- for incoming students by participating in the competition for accommodation which is organized for incoming students of upcoming Autumn semester or new academic year in Spring semester or for upcoming Spring semester in Autumn semester.
- for current students of VMU by reserving one of the rooms, which is published in list of vacant rooms.
- Temporary accommodation, for no more than 7 (seven) calendar days in a row. Only for students who are already studying at VMU.
Permanent accommodation at VMU
Incoming students who want to have a permanent accommodation in VMU dormitory for at least one semester (five months) or for a whole academic year (ten months) must complete an online application form and compete in an open competition for accommodation. Competitions for accommodation are organized by the stages provided below:
- For full-time degree students, who are already studying in VMU, competitions for accommodation for next academic year will start in May.
- First-year full-time degree, incoming exchange studies or bilateral exchange studies students, who will be studying at VMU in autumn semester or entire academic year, will be able to compete for accommodation in the VMU dormitory in June.
- First year full-time degree, incoming exchange studies or bilateral exchange studies students, who will be studying at VMU spring semester, will be able to compete for accommodation in the VMU dormitory in December.
Detailed information about these competitions will be published in the official website of the university www.vdu.lt/en with the beginning of the competition for accommodation.
Conditions of the Competition
The main conditions of provision of residence in the dormitory by the competition are:
- the promptness of filling the application
- the detailness of information which was submitted
The priority in the competition for residence is provided in consideration of students’ social status:
- for Orphans
- for students with special needs (after taking into consideration their current ability to work). Accommodation of an accompanying person is possible after reaching an agreement with the Director of the Office of Student Affairs
All detailed conditions that are related to competitions for accommodation will be announced in official news releases about competitions. It will be published in the official website of the university www.vdu.lt/en with the beginning of each competition.
Vacant rooms in the dormitories
Information about unoccupied rooms in the VMU dormitories for current VMU students can be found online at this list. Student has to book the vacant room online and contact the Student Affairs Department in a referred period.
Temporary accommodation at VMU
Students of VMU who do not live at VMU dormitories but wish to have temporary accommodation in it, can book the residence for no more than 7 (seven) calendar days in the row using Student self-service portal section Dormitory.
Check–in and Check–out
For the check-in at VMU dormitory students need to provide copy of passport or ID card and to sign the “Agreement for Accommodation”. Students can choose to move out from VMU dormitory anytime during the semester after informing dormitory administration.
VMU dormitory accommodation fee is calculated by day and it depends on the price for concrete type of the room. The monthly accommodation fee is calculated by the number of days the student is registered in the dormitory that month. The fee has to be paid by the 10th day of each month for current month (after your arrival) into the University’s bank account no. which is provided in Agreement for accommodation. 90 EUR deposit is required to be prepaid.
- Internal rules of VMU dormitory
- Description of Procedure for Residence Management at VMU
- Accommodation Fees
- Fire safety requirements
- Agreement for accommodation in VMU dormitory