VMU Bilateral Exchange Studies
Since 2009 Autumn semester Vytautas Magnus University established mobility scholarship for VMU students, seeking to ensure students’ mobility, to foster partnerships and retain close relations with partner universities outside the EU.
At the moment Vytautas Magnus University has over 172 bilateral collaboration agreements with universities from 52 countries of the world. During each selection for exchange period a separate list of partner universities, accepting for the semester abroad, is announced, which is published with the announcement about the contest for VMU Bilateral Exchange Studies abroad. Students who apply for this scholarship can travel to study at a university abroad for a semester or a year. The competition is announced twice a year: during the Spring and Autumn semesters.
Competition for exchange in 2017 Autumn semester is finally announced:
- List of universities accepting VMU students for 2017 Autumn semester
- Requirements and other information of the competition
Only applications submitted before March 5, 2017 will be considered.
VMU Mobility Scholarship
The scholarship size depends on the length and destinational country of student’s stay abroad.
|Group of countries||Size of the scholarship||Countries included|
|I||500 EUR/month||Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Ecuador, Canada, Ecuador, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, PRC, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, USA, Venezuela|
|II||400 EUR/month||Ireland, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom|
|III||350 EUR/month||Cyprus, Italy, Kazakhstan, Malta, Pakistan, Russia, Spain|
|IV||250 EUR/month||Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Georgia, Hungary, Poland, Turkey, Ukraine|
More information about student selection and scholarship requirements can be found in The Description of Mobility Scholarship Award Order at Vytautas Magnus University.
Twice a year, in Spring and Autumn semesters, the contest to be awarded with VMU Mobility Scholarship is organized. Students with great academical performance, without academic debts and not on the academic hold of I-IVth year of Bachelor or I-IInd year of Master degree are able to apply. Eligibility of candidates is decided on the following requirements:
- Compatibility of VMU study programme with study / research plan at accepting higher education institution abroad
- Results of two previous semesters with result not lower than average of 8. All students of Ist year of studies are evaluated by the academic performance of their first semester of studies. In case if it does not yet exist – results in previous education institution are evaluated
- Great level of foreign language lectures at foreign institution will be held in
- Additional academic, professional or social activities in Lithuania or abroad
- Ability to solve problems independenly
Applying for VMU Bilateral Exchange
Information for the Selected Students
During Studies Abroad
After VMU Bilateral Exchange
More Information is available at International Cooperation Department
|Programme coordinator for Asia, Africa, Oceania & Australia|
|V. Putvinskio g. 23, room 212|
|Phone: +370 37 327 978|
|E-mail: Vaidas.Daciola@vdu.lt, email@example.com|