Lists of Partner institutions of Higher education:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Catholic Theology
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Informatics
- Faculty of Law
- Music academy
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Political Sciences and Diplomacy
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Education Academy
VMU Ambassadors – international and Lithuanian students that were participants of exchange programme and that are ready to help outgoing students with their questions:
The rights and duties of an Erasmus+ student is described in the Erasmus Student Charter.
Step 1. Erasmus+ Selection
Erasmus+ selection for studies is held two times a year:
- first stage in February: selection for autumn and spring semester studies;
- second stage in September: selection for studies in spring semester.
You can take part in the first stage of selection, if you are:
- 1 – 3 year Bachelor’s degree students (1 – 4 year BA students at the Music Academy)
- 1 year Master’s degree students;
- 1 – 4 year students of integrated studies;
- 1 – 3 year doctoral students including full time and part time modes.
For the second stage, all full-time students (except first year Bachelor degree students) may send applications.
Students with disabilities or special needs are welcome to participate in the Erasmus+ selection. These students may receive additional funding. For more information, please, contact Education Exchanges Support Foundation or check the information in the database of the Higher Education Accessibility Guide (HEAG).
While choosing a university abroad, you have to pay attention to the following:
- does the foreign university offer subjects (they are presented on its website) which you are meant to take at VMU as part of your study programme;
- assure that smooth coordination of the Erasmus studies between the sending and the receiving institution, as well as validation after the Erasmus period, are regulated by the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS);
- are you fluent in the foreign language which will be taught at the university abroad (subjects are not always taught in English. This may also be verified on the website of the foreign university);
- if you would like to write your BA, MA or PhD thesis at a university abroad during the next semester, consult with your thesis supervisor and the head of the department at VMU regarding this possibility. The thesis is written abroad for 3 months. The selected students have to find a supervisor, a consulting lecturer, before their Erasmus period at a university abroad. The thesis is defended at VMU after the Erasmus studies are finished.
- compatibility between the plan for studies or research at the higher education institution abroad and the study programme at VMU;
- results of studies or research during the last two semesters. For first-year students of all levels: results of studies in the first semester. If not available – results of studies reflected in the appendix to the Bachelor or Master degree diploma;
- good knowledge of the language in which lectures will be taught;
- motivation of the student;
- student’s experience of work, studies, internship, participation at international academic projects and public activities in Lithuania or abroad;
- student’s ability to independently solve the arising problems.
Step 2. Information for the Selected Students
The smooth coordination of the Erasmus studies between the sending and the receiving institution, as well as validation after the Erasmus period, are regulated by the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS).
What documents should I submit to the receiving university?
Selected students are responsible for checking the application procedure of the receiving institution and sending the application and accommodation forms to the universities abroad before the application deadline. Each student is responsible for submitting all the required documents to the partner university on time.
What documents should I submit to the home university?
- Letter of Acceptance which contains a detailed academic calendar of studies abroad. This letter will be sent to you by the receiving institution not earlier than one month after the application deadline is finished in the partner university.
- Filled and signed Learning Agreement. This form has to contain signatures of the student, Head of the Department and the Vice-dean of the faculty. Note! Students who are majoring in one academic discipline and have chosen another for their minor studies may match the minor studies’ subjects at the foreign university as well. In that case, the Learning Agreement has to be prepared in two versions – one for the faculty which offers the major concentration and the other for the faculty of the minor studies.
- Filled Student data for the agreement.
- Filled online language test sent directly to a personal e-mail.
- Filled and signed Request for the Dean of the faculty (PhD students must use form of Doctoral Student’s Request for the Rector). This form has to contain signatures of the student, Head of the Department and the Vice-dean of the faculty.
*Students from non-EU countries have to submit Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) of Republic of Lithuania.
All the above mentioned documents must be submitted to the International Cooperation Department coordinator not later than 2 months before the mobility. After submitting it students are being provided with Erasmus student status and granted with Erasmus scholarship. The status of an Erasmus student is described in the Erasmus Student Charter.
Students with disabilities or special needs must present additional documents at least a month before the start of their studies abroad in order to receive extra funding. For more information please contact the Education Exchanges Support Foundation.
What scholarship will I get?
|Size of scholarship||Countries|
|I group countries
(520,00 EUR / month)
|The Kingdom of Denmark, the Republic of Finland, the Republic of Iceland, Ireland, the Principality of Liechtenstein, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the Kingdom of Norway, the Kingdom of Sweden, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland;|
|II group countries
(470,00 EUR / month)
|The Republic of Austria, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Republic of Cyprus, the French Republic, the Italian Republic, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Hellenic Republic, the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Republic of Malta, the Portuguese Republic, the Kingdom of Spain;|
|III group countries
(320,00 EUR / month)
|The Republic of Bulgaria, the Republic of Croatia, the Czech Republic, the Republic of Estonia, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Poland, Romania, the Slovak Republic, the Republic of Slovenia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, the Republic of Turkey;|
Students, who signed the Scholarship Agreement, are receiving the scholarship in two stages:
- 80% of the scholarship is being transferred before Erasmus+ studies start;
- 20% of the scholarship is being transferred after return, when student fulfills all the requirements (more information in STEP 4).
Step 3. First Days in Erasmus+
- Ask the coordinators to sign and send a scanned copy your Learning Agreement to VMU International Cooperation Department.
- Ask the coordinators to mark your arrival date in the Erasmus Period Statement. The dates of arrival and departure should match the dates in your Erasmus Financial Agreement. If your Erasmus+ dates change (are shortened or prolonged), you must immediately inform VMU International .
- Agree with the academic coordinators on changes in your Learning Agreement and inform your academic coordinator by e-mail. Also, fill in and sign your Learning Agreement’s Change Page which then must be sent by e-mail to VMU International Cooperation Department.
- Agree with your professors that the final evalution of every course you take would be a mark. VMU does not accept “Pass” as an evaluation. If the professor declines to do that, inform your academic coordinator and change that study course.
- Ask your coordinator about your exam session dates. If the dates change (are shortened or prolonged), you must immediately inform VMU International Cooperation Department.
Step 4. After Erasmus+*
- Present VMU International Cooperation Department with a scanned or original copy of your Learning Agreement and its Change Pages signed both by your home and foreign institution’s coordinators.
- Present VMU International Cooperation Department with the original copy of your Erasmus Period Statement signed by the foreign institution’s coordinators.
- Fill in the online Erasmus report.
- Fill in the online language test.
- Present VMU International Cooperation Department with a copy of your Erasmus Transcript of Records. A copy can also be sent to the coordinators by email. The original copy goes to your Department in Lithuania.
*Just after all these steps the student will get the remaining 20% of the scholarship.
Step 5. F. A. Q. for Selected Students
- Is it possible to submit the documents and participate in the Erasmus+ contest while being abroad?
Students who want to participate in the Erasmus+ contest but are abroad can submit their documents online. To collect all the signatures, please, fill-in your Learning Agreement and Request for the Dean of the faculty and send it to the faculty coordinator.
- Is there a possibility to change the receiving institution or exchange semester after the results of the selection are announced?
If students decide to change the receiving institution or the exchange semester, they must inform the coordinator at VMU International Cooperation Department and receive the approval of the Faculty. Before changing the receiving institution or the exchange semester, please, make sure that the application deadline is not finished in your selected university and you will be able to submit all the documents and complete the application procedure on time.
- What form of Learning Agreement should I fill-in?
The receiving institution might send you a different form of Learning Agreement together with the description of application procedure. Despite that students must fill-in the form of Learning Agreement that is provided on the website of Vytautas Magnus University.
- How to get to know what is the deadline of application in the receiving intitution?
Students must individually check what is the application procedure and the application deadline in the partner university. These dates can be found on receiving institution website or First Class system (VDU diskusijos -> TRT diskusijos -> Erasmus+ Agreements).
- What to do if the period of my studies abroad is shorter than I planned and indicated in the scholarship agreement?
You must inform your coordinator at VMU International Cooperation Department about the change of mobility period not later than 1 month before the end of your exchange studies. If the period is shorter (it can’t be shorter than 3 months) and you will come back earlier than it was planned, your scholarship will be reduced.
- What to do if the period of my studies abroad is longer than I planned and indicated in the scholarship agreement?
You must inform your coordinator at VMU International Cooperation Department about the change of mobility period not later than 1 month before the end of your exchange studies. If the period is longer and you will come back later than it was planned, after informing the coordinator on time, your scholarship will be increased.
- Is there a possibility to extend the period of mobility and stay in the receiving institution one more semester?
If students want to extend their mobility for next semester, they must apply and participate in the contest.