Management of Education
Area of studies: Social Sciences
Faculty: Faculty of Social Sciences
Mode of Studies: Full-time or part-time studies
Length of Programme: 120 ECTS full-time (2 years), part-time (3 years)
Name of Qualification: Master of Education
The study programme Management of Education responds to the demands of the contemporary educational systems and therefore is popular among the applicants. The study programme aims to prepare educational managers for different types of organisations involved in learning and teaching activities. The complexity of the programme learning outcomes leads our future graduates to the career of an educator, an educational manager, a human resources developer.
Students will have a great opportunity to experience a blended learning method, which will develop their competence in technology enhanced and self-directed learning.
Upon graduation of the study programme Management of Education you will be able to work in:
- public educational institutions and private organisations providing education services;
- education governance institutions;
- human resource departments of enterprises and business organisations;
- non-governmental organisations working in the field of education;
- to continue with the doctoral studies.
Bachelor degree is required to be able to apply for this Master Degree or equivalent is required.
Having accomplished the Management of Education study programme, graduates will be able to:
- design training / learning programmes responding to the critically and responsibly evaluated needs of the labor market, the changing society, sustainable development and learners, based on the educational documents of Lithuania and the EU;
- develop plans of educational organization activity and curriculum design, based on quality management knowledge and innovations in education;
- apply training/learning methods, materials and measures corresponding to the expected learning outcomes, needs of learners, training/learning environment and available resources;
- assess the attained learning outcomes in the context of training subject/module, programme and organization;
- design a strategic development plan for the educational organization and its implementation programme, based on theoretic and empiric research and critical evaluation of new ideas, alternative solutions and social consequences;
- perform research in human resource career planning and professional development needs of the staff.
- design a plan of organization staff career development and in-service training, taking into account employee personal and organizational activity quality improvement needs;
- apply theories of philosophy, education science, management and other social sciences critically in systemic analysis of educational phenomena;
- perform applied research in management of education according to the prepared research design.
- High School / Bachelor/ Master degree diploma and its supplement (Transcript of Records / Mark sheet) in the original language, translated into English – certified by a Notary and approved by an Apostille (for citizens of countries acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention)
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL 98 iBT / 534 PBT, IELTS 6.0., level B2; or an official document from an official institution showing you had courses in English or studied English language)
- Letter of motivation (300–500 words)
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of passport or other document of identification (Note: passport should be valid at least until June, 2017)
- Copy of document showing paid application fee of 100 EUR (Note: the name of the applicant and the date of payment should be indicated)
- 1 recent photo (3 x 4 cm)
- Filled and signed Letter of Concurrence