Stand for election to Dormitory‘s Council
Vytautas Magnus University, has announced the election to the dormitories‘ Council, which is organised according to VMU Dormitory Self-government regulations
If you are living in one of these VMU dormitories: No. 1 Taikos per. 119 (TAIKA), No. 2 Vytauto pr. 71 (BALTIJA) or No. 3 Taikos pr. 123 (KARAS) and you are wishing to become the Chairperson of Dormitory‘s Council then all you need to do is to fill this electronic application until 27th of August, 2016 and to comply the following criteria:
– you have to be motivated;
– you have to make a one-year activities plan for the Council;
– you have to have experience in social activities;
– you have to be living in the dormitory for at least 6 months;
– you cannot have penalties for infringements of the University internal legal acts;
The Chairperson of the Dormitory Council is elected in three stages:
I stage – candidate applies for this position, by filling this questionnaire until September 27th, 2016, 12 a.m.
II stage – candidates selected by the Students‘ Representative Council and the Office of Student Affairs are invited to attend the meeting of Selection committee, which will be held on September 29th, 2016, 10 a.m.
III stage – candidate has to participate in Election of Dormitory Council’s Chairperson which will be held in the general meeting of residents of the dormitory, on October 6th, 2016, 8 p.m.
Person who is wishing to become the Chairperson of the Dormitory‘s Council together with the electronic application form has to submit following information:
- Personal data
- A letter of motivation
- To describe in a narrative form a one-year activities plan of Dormitory‘s council;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Dormitory‘s Council and the Chairperson
We want to remind You, that the Chairperson has a right and power to form and manage Dormitory‘s council.
The main purpose of Dormitory‘s council is to help the Chairperson to implement following objectives:
- To represent the interests of the dormitory Residents in University‘s (dormitory‘s) administration;
- To represent University (dormitory) requirements among residents;
- To maintain the integrity of community;
- To carry out social and cultural activities;
- To mediate in cases of misunderstandings or problems between residents or residents and administration.
The Chairperson of the Dormitory‘s Council is elected annually in the beginning of each academic year by the general meeting of residents of the dormitory after the selection procedure performed by the Students‘ Representative Council and the Office of Student Affairs
For more information please contact:
- VMU Student Centre
- Address S. Daukanto str. 27, room 206
- Phone (8 37) 751 175
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internet http://www.vdu.lt/en/studies/international-student-handbook/accomodation/