Research on Human Relations in Bioethics
The problem of human relations in bioethics appears when in the course of personal interaction (e.g., physician – patient or scientist – research subject) the individual is treated as a means, rather than the final aim of a certain process. The cluster is a multi – discipline unit, encouraging cooperation between the scientists in the major scientific fields (biomedicine, social and human sciences), who work at different University departments, as well as in various Lithuanian universities. The cluster had united the scientists for common goal much earlier when it was registered officially at Vytautas Magnus University.
Scientific research is carried out in four major fields:
- sexuality and procreation ethics;
- artificial fertilization ethics;
- human life security at prenatal stage ethics;
- life final stage ethics.
- Leader of the group prof. Andrius Narbekovas (VMU Faculty of Catholic Theology)
- Prof. Birutė Obelenienė (VMU Faculty of Catholic Theology)
- Prof. Kęstutis Pukelis (VMU Faculty of Social Sciences)
- Prof. Vytautas Vaičiūnas (VMU Faculty of Catholic Theology)
- prof. dr. Rimas Skinkaitis (VDU Faculty of Catholic Theology)
- dr. Kęstutis Kėvalas (VMU Faculty of Catholic Theology)
- Prof. Danielius Serapinas (VMU Faculty of Catholic Theology)
- Dr. Aušra Vasiliauskaitė (VMU Faculty of Catholic Theology)
- Aušrelė Krunglevičiūtė (VMU Faculty of Catholic Theology)