The Interdisciplinary Social Group Research Cluster
The cluster consists of an interdisciplinary group of researchers who investigate processes related to the behavior of individuals and groups in their social environments. The researchers come from physical and social science backgrounds, principally control systems and ethnography, and apply dynamical systems theory to the gathering, systematization, and conceptualization of empirical data and modeling.
Topics of interest include:
- processes of formation and functioning of sociocultural groups, communities and movements;
- different social and cultural processes, where the interaction of agents of these processes are observed;
- longitudinal research where the same group of individuals is studied over an extended period of time;
- comparative studies of group behavior;
- the development of new computer tools for systematic research in social processes.
The team of researchers has experience in coordinating international European projects (FP6) as well as national projects sponsored by the Lithuanian Research Council.
- Leader of the group assoc. prof. Egidija Kiškina (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Prof. Gintautas Mažeikis (VMU Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy)
- Prof. Rimas Vaišnys (Yale university)
- Assoc. prof. Mindaugas Dapkus (VMU Faculty of Economics and Management)
- Andrius Buivydas (VMU Faculty of Natural Sciences)
- Agnė Kalėdienė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)
- Dr. Aušra Kairaitytė-Užupė (VMU alumna)
- Dr. Tadas Kavolis (VMU alumnus)
- Dr. Rasa Pranskevičiūtė (VMU alumna)
- Dr. Reda Šatūnienė (VMU alumna)
- Gintaras Jaronis
- Rasa Kasperienė (VMU Faculty of Humanities)