Integrated Solution to Virtual Mobility Barriers
Aim of the project
Aim of the UBIcamp project is to make virtual mobility a mainstream opportunity for all parties involved (teachers, students and institutions)
Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas, Kauno technologijos universitetas, University of Southampton, Yaşar University, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid.
Short description of the project
The main aim of the UBIcamp project is to make virtual mobility a mainstream opportunity for all parties involved (teachers, students and institutions). UBIcamp proposes a comprehensive solution that addresses all the barriers and difficulties of virtual mobility nowadays.
The specific objectives of UBIcamp project are:
- To develop a “Virtual Mobility Practical Framework” that could define the quality criteria and standards of those elements necessary for the implementation of virtual mobility in HEIs (Organizational elements; Technological; Pedagogic/ didactical elements; Cultural elements.
- Creation of open educational resources based on the standards defined and linked to several subjects identified by partners. The aim is to achieve the maximum reuse of the contents at the European level.
- Integration of the cultural element into the virtual learning processes. Digital content will be created to conduct the student autonomously through the most important cultural aspects of the place visited virtually (touristic information, traditions, press, entertainment, etc. will be considered).
- Creation of virtual environments for sharing experiences. In this case, it is important that the digital elements will facilitate the sharing of the experiences between students and their virtual mates.
- Developing training materials and implementing training sessions in at least 35 Universities in Europe, involving students, teachers, Erasmus officers and administrators.
- To raise awareness of virtual mobility among HEIs. Some workshops and presentation seminars will be organized in order to disseminate the advantages that virtual mobility can offer to the actors involved. Also, these events will be used to encourage institutions to participate in virtual mobility activities.
- Testing the “virtual mobility practical framework” through the implementation of Virtual Erasmus Exchanges among those Universities that have been trained and wish to participate.
- Dissemination of project results widely at national and European level.