LANGUAGE POLICY FOR ACTIVE SOCIAL INCLUSION
Aim of the project
To establish a network in the field of language policy and practices for active social inclusion.
Iniciativas Innovadoras S.A.L., Agenzia Provinciale Orientamento Formazione Istruzione Lavoro, COFORA BV, Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas, Arcola Research LLP, Université Montesquieu, Bordeaux IV.
Short description of the project
Language learning fosters active social inclusion, which is a fundamental element favouring employability, full participation in society and personal fulfillment. Policy positions and recent works highlighted the need of addressing language policies for active inclusion purposes for the benefit of society, with specific regard to language training of migrants: while the EU countries share similar problems, they have not found common actions to tackle those problems yet. Likewise, practitioners in language learning addressed to migrants, do not have the opportunity to share and learn from each other across the EU. INCLUDE aims therefore at establishing a network in the field of language policy and practices for active social inclusion, pursuing the following objectives:
- To establish a network, providing the legal and administrative ground on which the members can act by exchanging practices, sharing resources and visions;
- To develop an online portal, containing information, news, materials, access to databases of practices and policies in the EU with specific regard to languages for active inclusion;
- To pool available resources, collected and coded by means of structured tools, and selected through a benchmarking process;
- To raise awareness about the values of language learning for active inclusion and social cohesion purposes, dealing with policy makers and stakeholders at all levels;
- To promote links and synergies horizontally between policy makers and between practitioners in the EU, and vertically between policy and practice;
- To provide yearly updated states of the art and a roadmap for integration of language learning in social inclusion policies. INCLUDE’s impact is envisaged at a policy and practice level, as increased awareness and engagement of policy makers and practitioners, and enhanced cooperation among stakeholders dealing with language policy, language teaching and learning, language for active social inclusion, employability and full citizenship.