Multilingual Lithuania: Chance to Learn Exotic Language
International students at VMU are to start teaching lessons of their native languages as part of Multilingual Lithuania, a project launched by ESN Lietuva and Invest In Lithuania. Everyone wishing to learn a language should register until 30 September.
The lessons taught by foreigners during the spring semester enjoyed great popularity. This time the number of taught languages has doubled from 7 to 15, and most of them could be called “exotic”: they include Azerbaijani, Arabic, Slovenian and even Hungarian. This is also the first time that Basque, one of the four official languages in Spain, will be taught in Lithuania.
These lessons are a great opportunity to learn a new language, find out some exciting facts about other cultures, and meet students from abroad.
The lessons provided by the foreign students will take place weekly from 2 October until 2 December. The lessons will be taught in English, the number of pupils is limited.
ESN VMU invites participants to choose one (or several) of the following languages:
- Arabic – Wednesdays, 6 p.m.
- Azerbaijani – Thursdays, 5 p.m.
- Estonian – Tuesdays, 6 p.m.
- French – Wednesdays, 5 p.m.
- Hungarian – Wednesdays, 5 p.m.
- Italian – Thursdays, 6 p.m.
- Japanese – Wednesdays, 6 p.m.
- Korean – Wednesdays, 6 p.m.
- Latvian – Thursdays, 5 p.m.
- Polish – Wednesdays, 6 p.m.
- Russian – Tuesdays, 6 p.m.
- Slovenian – Mondays, 6 p.m.
- Spanish – Tuesdays, 6 p.m.
- Spanish and Basque – Mondays, 5 p.m.
- Turkish – Thursdays, 6 p.m.
Prospective participants are requested to register by sending an e-mail to ESN VMU at firstname.lastname@example.org, which has to include the participant’s first and last name, a working e-mail address and the language they would like to learn. Registration deadline is 30 September.