Call for Applications: Bilateral Student Exchange
VMU International Office has announced the call for applications for spring semester studies in 2013 at universities abroad which have signed bilateral cooperation agreements with VMU. Filled-in application forms are accepted until 15 October 2012.
Requirements for applicants:
- currently a BA or MA degree student
- good learning results (last academic year’s average grade is 8 or higher)
- no academic holds
- the matching study programme abroad has been discussed by the student and the international programme coordinator at his/her faculty.
Participants must register online by filling in the application form in the "Bilateral Agreements" section for outgoing students at http://trtdb.vdu.lt (this is the only possible method of registration). The application deadline is 15 October. Students have to choose the accepting higher education institution from the list of universities which have signed bilateral cooperation agreements with VMU.
In addition to the filled-in application form, the following documents have to be provided:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- proof of English proficiency (B2 level certificate is required for participation; in order to apply to universities in Russia, B1 level certificate in the Russian language is required). Students who have finished English or Russian courses at VMU can obtain the language certificate at the Institute of Foreign Languages (K. Donelaičio Str. 52, Room 603);
- digital photo;
- transcript of records (can be issued by the Office of Academic Affairs at Laisvės av. 53, Room 201, or on FirstClass in the following conference: "VDU skelbimai/ Studentų savitarna/ Studijų rezultatai").
Before choosing the university abroad, participants are asked to verify that it offers courses which match their study programme at VMU. Please consult the international progamme coordinator at your faculty, choose a university, match your study programme and apply for studies.
Monthly scholarship size depends on the length of studies and the chosen country:
- Up to LTL 1,400: China, Israel, Japan, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan, USA;
- Up to LTL 1,200: Kazakhstan, Russia;
- Up to LTL 860: Latvia.
Motivated students who are not granted VMU exchange scholarship may study at a university of their choice using their personal funds.
More information is provided by VMU faculties and the International Office: